Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 71

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. eight30

Regular

At the very beginning of this thread I was giving up soda and now I'm back to giving it up! It has been about 3 weeks this time. I went to a fitness class 2 weeks ago and did a lot better than I expected and I've signed up for a gym but haven't gone yet. Going by tonight for the tour/signup thing and will go for the first time tomorrow. I am serious about it this time, haha.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Definitely a smart move giving up the soda. I cut it out of my diet almost 7 years ago and haven't had a glass since. You'll feel much better, and looking into the nutritional breakdown of it makes you realize how terrible for you it really is. I think one can of soda has almost double the amount of sugar of the daily recommended intake.

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I’ve been hiking in Iceland for a week and I’ve seen so much more results than the gym.

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Recommend any specific places in Iceland? Going there in February.

I am less than 4 weeks away from my first marathon and I stopped boozing on 9/4 (race is 10/7). I always cut booze a month away from a race as a last minute cut in calories, increase in hyration, and as an exercise in willpower. Lost 2 pounds already since 9/4.

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I will have a detailed breakdown soon, haha. Amazing country. Double your expected food budget.

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Love when I'm doing the workout and think wow this is super hard but I'm totally keeping up and then the instructor is like "ok warm up over!" and it's like lol oh we haven't even started yet.

chewbacca110 and GrantCloud like this.
  7. chewbacca110

Describes me when I went to my first yoga class a few months ago.

I'd get into a position that wasn't super comfortable and I would stuggle to keep good posture or balance, then we'd move on to a different move and I'd struggle even more. Then it became a quick cycle of all the moves I had difficulty with!

Kiana likes this.
  8. Dog with a Blog

I suck

9. Kiana

Weekend gym days are my favorite. Mon-Fri im always concerned with time. Either waking up on time and then having time to get ready for work afterwards or if I go in the evening having time to make dinner and get off work promptly and so on. But weekends I can just kinda go whenever and do what I want without stressing about time management. Today was a rly fun gym day because of it!

10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I NEED to get back in the swing of things. It’s scary how I love and know how I feel when I exercise every day and I know it gets me in the right head space and I feel and look better and all sorts of good shit but I still hit road blocks for days or weeks at a time where I’d rather not go and destroy everything good I’ve built up just because being lazy is easier.

11. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Been starting to do yoga more and I think it's been helping a lot with keeping me loose and less sore from my heavy lifting days. Also looking for a new gym to join is intimating and I hate it .

theagentcoma likes this.
  12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my parents' gym today had to be evacuated because paint fumes were everywhere and it was such an odd thing to hear about.

13. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Also eating 3000+ calories a day is way harder than it should be.

14. Kiana

Ugh I've had to catch myself so many times lately like justifying eating things by saying "well I went to the gym this morning so its okay." idk where that is coming from because I never used to do that. I keep having to catch myself and say "well even if I didn't go to the gym everything is fine in moderation. Treat yourself!" cause I don't wanna project my weird deal to others. Idek. Hot mess lol.

15. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

My boyfriend got me a Fitbit Ionic for my birthday after the Flex 2 I got from work last year started to stop working and I'm so excited. It has really great insights for sleep and heart rate monitoring. I'm probably not going to be able to make it to the gym today because I'm working a long day, but I'm so hype to see all of the tracking results when I go later this week.

16. stevie boi

sadness

I have 9 skulltroopers RESPEKT ME

17. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I turned down Dairy Queen tonight. Even drove my friends through and paid for them and watched them eat the new Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Blizzards. It was the most adult thing I've done all year.

18. Kiana

U didn't miss out tbh that blizzard is v eh

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I might be dumb coming in here but I'm looking to make a diet change.

Exercising will be happening. Is it smarter to go bread free or vegetarian? Or are those both silly and something else is better?

20. personalmaps

It really, really depends. I think it's best to take an everything in moderation approach than to just try and cut out a bunch of things you're used to having.

21. chewbacca110

If you plan to do a lot of cardio, you're going to need the carbs so cutting bread may not be the best choice. If you plan to do a lot of lifting/muscle building, going vegetarian may not be the best bet either unless you plan to cut meat and eat a lot of eggs and beans.

22. Instead of going bread free you can eat Ezekial bread instead of a more processed bread.

23. personalmaps

Ezekiel bread is soooo bad though. I actually really like Trader Joe's gluten free sandwich bread if y'all have that near you.

24. I actually thought it tasted the same as a processed whole grain bread and wasn't too bad

25. Kiana

I love sandwiches and eat bread pretty much every day. Usually bread from the local bakery without preservatives and stuff. I don't eat meat tho. I don't think u necessarily have to cut out entire food groups if ur focusing on the things you do eat being healthy and not all processed. I guess it also depends on what u wanna achieve tho. I don't care about bulking or leaning or anything like that so I just try to eat healthy and workout different muscle groups