Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 70

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

Anyone have high blood pressure? Runs in the family and I went to the doctor the other day and it wasn’t awful necessarily but it was off enough for them to question if I was nervous or had ever taken blood pressure medication. I know the internet is full of information on this topic but I’m just curious if any of y’all have dealt with/remedied this and how. I’m sure it can pretty much be solved with new dietary practices

2. noxee

Regular Prestigious

My family has a bit of a history of high blood pressure as well and I've had a few different medicals where my blood pressure has been a bit high (I think at one point it was 140/80) and most of the time the doctors weren't too worried as they attributed it to stress of the examination/general stress of life and suggested that I should lose a little bit of weight (still working on that) because beyond that I was mostly health and hadn't had any other issues.

While everyone is different and it's best to get advice from professionals I think you may be right in that if you reduce your stress, clean up your diet a bit (I don't know if it's bad or not), and exercise a bit then you should be ok. For me stress is a pretty major factor with my blood pressure and something I need to work on.

jorbjorb and Dog with a Blog like this.
  3. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

I'm trying to drop that last eight pounds, but I'm struggling. I've had a lot of changes in my life (new partner/first relationship in a couple years, going out with friends more), and my workout routine has changed (doing more lifting rather than seven day a week elyptical). So the experience I've had over the last couple years (eat very little, lose hella weight) isn't applied anymore. It's a lot of changing my expectations and being patient with myself, which is something at which I have little skill!

4. Dog with a Blog

Thanks man. Has it gone down since the last time you checked?

5. noxee

Regular Prestigious

My diastolic (bottom number) is back below 80, and my systolic (top number ranges between 130 - 140). The problem for me is around the last time my check my weight had spiked (still sorting that out) and I was bit stressed. But when I've had my weight and stress under control it usually sits around 120-130/75-78.

I've just started working out a lot more and trying to clean up my diet more so I'm going to test it again soon.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I am alive. Tired, but alive. Going from squats to a jump and reach for the sky thing is evil. My goal is to go in the morning and then after work every day I need to clean one room in my house. So far I am accomplishing this by watching Netflix and trying not to fall asleep. But I will clean my kitchen today. I swear.

7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I went to the gym late tonight, like 8:30, and figured by then it would be pretty empty because people want to relax at home by then. But it was packed. I waited for a bench for 5 minutes and then I just left

I haven't really worked out in like a week either. I've been alternately busy and lazy

8. Dog with a Blog

I feel all of that so hard man

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Started running PHAT as my workout program a couple of weeks ago. It's killing me but I already feel positive about it being the program that I need.

10. Kiana

Smh didn't get up for the gym this morning. I actually went to bed early and then a friend called and woke me up and I didn't get back to bed until late so when my alarm went off I was like ehhh. My back is also super sore from that fitness class! But kinda disappointed I didn't go cause I think it's the kinda sore that would've felt better after exercising and stretching. Oh wellllll

11. Dog with a Blog

went to the gym tonight but also stress ate a pint of ice cream so

ChaseTx, noxee and theagentcoma like this.
  12. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I signed up for the Y this week!! We have a really nice one and I'm especially excited to go in the winter. I'm going to TRY to get in the habit of getting there at like 6am so i can work out for 30-40 min before I have to be to work at 8am. I think I'll do that like 2 weekdays and do yoga and home the other weekdays and go for an hour or so on the weekend with my boyfriend.

GrantCloud likes this.
  13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I love the Y I go to so much! The facilities are great and everyone is generally v nice, good atmosphere.

14. drewinseries

Drew

I set a record deadlifting 335 and am really pumped about it. Squats tonight.

15. My gym is exclusively classes which I like because I can't be trusted to put together a competent workout on my own. Dragged my ass out of bed for a 5 am class today. I definitely feel like i've manufactured time and given myself an extra hour or so this evening by doing so.

16. Kiana

Of course yesterday when my alarm went off I was too tired to go to the gym and now that it's a weekend and I can sleep in I am wide awake but the gym doesn't open until 8 today. I love my gym but the hours can be so annoying.

17. Dog with a Blog

That is my exact issue. I’m generally too tired to go during the week cause of school so I plan on going during the weekend but the weekend hours fucking suck! Like, I really like my gym and it’s super cheap but I’m tempted to just pay the extra $10 for a place that’s 24/7

18. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Lifted with my gfs dad this morning at the gym he goes to, so that was random

19. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Do y'all prefer going to the gym super early in the morning or later in the day? I generally go in the am, but I'm starting a new job where I'd either have to be at the gym by 5am or go late and basically go to bed immediately after. Do y'all find it better to start your day with the workout or end it?

20. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

signed up for a hot yoga class this morning last night when I was feeling super ambitious

canceled it an hour later because it's saturday and I'd rather play video games

21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Weekends I usually try to get in by 9/10 am or so, but during the week I work way too early, so I go after work like 6/7. Morning workouts are way more refreshing to me, and overall it just leaves me feeling more productive.

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  22. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I prefer to go in the morning from 5-6:30ish, but it’s easier to go at night 9/10-11/12ish. The downside of going at night is I feel like it adds more meals and showers to my day whereas if I go in the morning I then come home to shower / eat then work at 8.

But the mornings can be rough, especially in winter.

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  23. Kiana

I went to the gym and then got fries and a grilled cheese and soda because it's that time of month and life is hard. Sigh lol.

GrantCloud likes this.
  24. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Definitely gotta hit the gym today, I had 7 cookies, a piece of French silk and ice cream last night and this doesn’t take into account all the food I ate, like four tortillas and protein

25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I get back to Minnesota and my close buddy broke his foot and sprained his ankle playing basketball while I was gone. Like damn I can not fathom the pain he is in rn