Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 69

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I haven't worked out the past month much cause I've been out of town a lot but I'm trying to get back into the habit. I'm an all or nothing person so I'm trying to make sure I force myself to go until it's habit again. Yesterday I had to go directly after work. I usually eat dinner first and then go but I kept falling asleep and not going so I had to switch times.

2. Dog with a Blog

Getting some tattoo work done tomorrow so I won’t be able to work out for like a week or so. Hope it doesn’t set me back too much. At this point I feel like a piece of shit when I take two days off

3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Saturday I ran more than I ever have: 16 miles. I am 7 weeks out from my first marathon and I cannot believe I have to run 10 miles more.

noxee, Supernova, Garrett L. and 4 others like this.
  4. Kiana

Ever since I had to travel for a few weeks and missed gym time I've been so unmotivated cause it's out of routine and I'm tired af. I went today but did minimal which I know is better than nothing but I used to be on it and wanting to go and now I'm like ughh mehhhh

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I love late night workouts and knowing I get to sleep in the next morning, so I can procrastinate on my routine lolol

6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

work has been hella slow so I've just been going to extra hot yoga classes. upgraded to unlimited so I can go whenever

7. Kiana

Ok after I made my post I swam a few laps in the pool which I never do so hopefully I sleep well and wake up sore!

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. Dog with a Blog

Ugh. Not allowed to work out for about a week cause I got some tattoo work done and by the time I can get back into it school is back in session. I need to work out this semester no matter what. I really don’t want to become a piece of shit like I do every semester. Maybe I should just try and work out 3 days a week instead of 5.

also I ate Taco Bell today -__-

GrantCloud likes this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

Anyone in here ever take some sort of self defense class? I’d love to be able to defend myself if needed and also I feel like it’s a good way to stay in shape. I assume they are expensive tho

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I think I had like a 20 mile run in my training program back when and once I finished it I knew for sure I'd finish the race. You're close!

I do jiu jitsu and kickboxing. I'm hesitant to label them strictly as self defense, even though they do have some of those qualities. Definitely gives you a quiet confidence, so to speak, I'd check out the ones in your area. Some can be reasonably priced.

chewbacca110 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Where is the new tat? Usually when I get new ink I just wait 48 hours before working out again. And for the rest of that week I'd either avoid machines where my tattoo would have to touch the pad, or I'd just wrap it up.

14. Dog with a Blog

My chest so I feel like it gets hit by everything I do except for legs

manoverboard365 likes this.
  15. manoverboard365

Trusted

Calf raises for dayzzzzzzzz

16. Kiana

I've been sitting in the gym parking lot for twenty minutes because I don't want to do cardio and I am dreading it. I guess I could just not do cardio but uggh I'm just not feeling it today. But I will go in eventually lol

17. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

how'd it go?

18. Kiana

It was ok. I just did like a mini session but I figure that's better than not going. I need to find a way to re-motivate myself cause I'm losing steam. I feel like I hit my goal so my brain is like oh you don't need to go anymore. But that's not true at all and I feel like I need some sort of new goal to have a focus idk.

19. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

This is my first 6 am workout in a while and it is v brutal, should of have had a bar or Greek yogurt before

20. Kiana

I read the above comment and thought hey its not even 5:30am here yet and I'm awake I could totally go to the gym rn and then my brain was like hahahahahaha. No. I like the idea of my workout being over with in the morning and giving me more time in the evening, but man if I'm not the worst morning person. Like I'm already awake but I guarantee I'm gonna lay in bed until like 7:00am just cause meh mornings.

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Me every weekend: “I’m gonna go at 8/9 am and feel fresh for the day”

Then I make the mistake of turning on hgtv and oops there goes the morning

22. Kiana

I like weekends cause I can go in the morning but still sleep in. Weekdays are so hard cause I'd have to be at the gym by like 5:30 so I have enough time to workout and get ready before work and yeah like I said not morning person. But on the weekend I can go at nine or ten and it's still morning and I don't have the ahhh I need to be on time for work pressure

23. Kiana

I actually did end up going to the gym this morning. It was interesting. Like a different world lol. I hit all the green lights on the way and there was completely different staff and clientele than I'm used to like huh is this what morning is like???

Garrett L. and GrantCloud like this.
  24. Kiana

Ok in an effort to become a morning gym person I am attending a kickboxing class tomorrow morning at 5:30 #PrayForMe

I've never done a class at the gym before but I'm going with a friend so I'll be accountable. I just am finding myself feeling like I have no time after work cause it's like get off work, gym, cook, eat, get ready for bed. Hoping if I can go in the morning that'll be more time to practice guitar or clean or cook longer meals after work or something. And if a friend invites me to dinner or I unexpectedly work late or whatever I won't be skipping gym. Anyway yeah let's see this opposite of a morning person go.

25. Dog with a Blog

That’s awesome. Good luck

Kiana likes this.