Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 68

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

for me the best benefit of exercising / running is all mental. like, i would certainly love to look different and feel different physically, but i've really noticed that running and getting to the gym really improves my mood and demeanor. if i take a few days off, i can feel the grumpiness crawl back into my head and it's harder to stay positive. so for me, i have to remember that going to the gym is gonna improve my mood and keep me happy and hopefully - with consistency - i'll end up looking AND feeling like a million bucks.

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

It took me almost a year and a half to start noticing changes in my body. A lot of it in the beginning is trial and error, though. Not everyone has the same response to diet/exercise regime....takes a while to figure out what exactly works for you.

RJ Knorr and Dog with a Blog like this.
  3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Finish my work out before 9 am on a Saturday, immediately get mcdonalds hash browns after

#balance

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Lol last night I def got McDonald's before the gym but I also drove all night and was hungry and my body was lucky I even took it to the gym after driving 5 hours.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I once saw a gym in New York City that was either directly next to or across the street from a Popeye's and it just seemed cruel

GrantCloud likes this.
  6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my gym is located right in front of a mcdonald's so that is terrible because I always want a sweet tea

7. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I would always want nugs

noxee and Dog with a Blog like this.
  8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My gym is next to a local country diner and across from McDonald's but luckily if I've just worked out the last thing I wanna do is like cancel it all out lol screw that I didnt sweat for no reason!!

9. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I went to hot yoga 5 times this week but I 100% got McDonald's late last night on the way home from a game night.

0/10 would not 10 piece McNugget again

10. Dog with a Blog

I gave into a craving last night and I seriously felt so awful it kept me up all night. When will I learn? I’m like a dog that repeatedly....eats.....choc - oh my god

11. marsupial jones

I love that Planet Fitness has bagel and pizza days and that people just eat that shit up (literally). Dozens of folks who walk at 0.3 miles an hour for ten minutes and then think, “Its okay if I eat five bagels or a whole pizza, I worked out today!”

12. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

There is rly no need to be so unkind about this. I appreciate that Planet Fitness recognizes that balance is important. Some days you just need a fucking piece of pizza. Trying to be a fitness health robot is so bad for so many people. You don’t know their lives or what they did. Just don’t eat the pizza.

13. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

i would've taken full advantage of any and all food my gym offered when i was trying to bulk up

14. Dog with a Blog

I agree, balance is necessary. And it really is a nice gesture. With that said, as someone who has issues with self control, I would not want my gym to make it even harder for me than it already is when I’m trying to follow a regimen.

15. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I think it’s also fair to say that a lot of homeless people use Planet Fitness as a resource- when my brother was homeless on New Hampshire he depended on the free food and showers.

16. Dog with a Blog

Is it super cheap or somethin? Never been.

17. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I think there’s a plan for ten dollars a month.

18. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Finding time around a rotating retail schedule kills me. But I’m gonna try really hard this week and see what happens.

19. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I actually haven’t worked out since Saturday and I feel myself starting to lose my mind.

Or maybe it has been the work week from hell idk

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I get a good Peloton ride in regularly now. I enjoy it so much, I've always liked taking spin at the gym. Cancelled my membership for the gym, which is good; however I will be upset I'll miss out on heavier lifting.

21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I also love the output and stats the bike provides. This was a 30-min HIIT bike ride. You can see exactly how it went to. 15 heavy, cool down, repeat. Little break, then increase resistance and do the same thing. Was a brutal ride, sweating like crazy after this one.

[​IMG]

22. Are you doing the live classes or are you doing ones that are recorded? Or on your own?

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Both. If a live class is starting within 15 minutes of me getting ready to ride, I'll wait it out. Anything more than that I'll just did a recorded class. They have a live DJ class which is a hoot.

You can mute the audio from this video since that isn't the class, seems someone dubbed over a Peloton video. But you can see the DJ just getting it.

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The YMCA I go to was playing anime theme songs for over an hour today. I noticed the One Punch Man and Dragon Ball Super songs but couldn't pick out the rest. I have no idea why they did it at 11 am.

25. marsupial jones

same! took the week off due to traveling for work. anxious for Saturday morning to get here and start back up. this is the first time i've gone an entire week off in about a year. this feeling sucks.