Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 67

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Not to be this person, but any time I've come up against something that makes gym/cardio hard, yoga has almost always been the answer. It's very easy to modify, so I think you could do it, even in a boot. It can be gentle or challenging, but I always find it restorative. I highly recommend Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. She has SO many videos and is so kind about modifying poses and making sure that the practice is accessible to everyone.

EarthShifts likes this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'd look on YouTube for recovery workouts. Like said above they're pretty easy to modify if needed

EarthShifts likes this.
  3. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

bulk up your good leg so you have to get custom pants made for the rest of your life. and possibly walk with a limp due to all the extra muscle on just one leg. that would be bad ass.

Mrplum5089 and EarthShifts like this.
  4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

seriously though - yoga / stretching / focus on upper body / arms / chest in the meantime?

EarthShifts likes this.
  5. EarthShifts

Trusted

Yea, I’m thinking I’m gonna have to up my yoga practice. My wife’s actually a yoga teacher so I do often anyways, and I’ve alteady asked her to help me out a bit.

6. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Drank my weight in whiskey Friday night, paid for it Saturday and Sunday cardio was killer but I survived

noxee and Dog with a Blog like this.
  7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

New record on Garmin Watch...my heart rate just went down to 34 while I was sitting at my desk haha. On a run the other night it was as high as I've ever seen at 192.

8. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Thrilled to report in that I’ve lost 7lbs which isn’t like, a lot, but has me really excited and feeling much better about myself!

9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Bike arrived today! Only took two days. Excited to do spin at home now.

Drewski and Dog with a Blog like this.
  10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I decided to run my Garmin during the Phish show last night. 1,300 calories of dancing, god damn!

[​IMG]

11. Kiana

Have officially given up on working out this week. Travel fatigue has finally caught up to me and I just can't. I'm so tired. I go home this weekend so hopefully I can reset for next week and do better.

12. Dog with a Blog

Gotta keep reminding myself, “consistency consistency consistency.” I feel like getting in shape is one of the few things in this modern age that has no real sense of instant gratification and god damn is that a struggle for me. Just gotta keep thinking big picture. I’m really worried for when school starts in a few weeks. That’s always when I drop off

iCarly Rae Jepsen, noxee and Kiana like this.
  13. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Damn good observation.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  14. noxee

Regular Prestigious

I feel ya man. I'm on week three of getting back into working out and I've been working on consistency and making this a habit rather than a battle. I have my alarm set for the same time every weekday morning and no matter how bad I sleep the night before (this was a big excuse for me) I'm up and getting myself out the door to the gym or for a run. So far so good haha.

chewbacca110 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  15. Dog with a Blog

Yeah man. Sometimes it just comes down to sheer willpower. The last few nights I’ve been getting off work at 2am and it takes alllll of me to get my ass to the gym but getting there is like 90% of battle and once I’m there I’m fine. I need to get better at the “no matter how bad I sleep” part because that’s also a big excuse for me, which is why I tend to workout late at night rather than in the morning, which I would prefer

noxee likes this.
  16. noxee

Regular Prestigious

Yeah that's exactly why I'm trying to make it a habit rather than a willpower thing. My willpower will always lose out where as if it's a habit it's just what you do. Also morning workouts are the best because it's usually quieter, you get it done and don't have to worry about missing it if you've got something on in the evening but it's also tough if you're working extremely late.

17. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I've lost roughly 6lbs by changing my diet over the last 2 and a half weeks. I've been eating normal-small portions and limiting any kind of junk. It feels great to actually see some results. Now if I could get my ass to the gym...

noxee and Dog with a Blog like this.
  18. Dog with a Blog

There is a 4lb difference between the mechanical scale at the gym and the electric one I have at work. I’d like to believe the mechanical one cause it’d mean that my diet/exercise is actually paying off lol

noxee likes this.
  19. noxee

Regular Prestigious

I believe in you, does that count?

20. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I have a hard enough time getting out of bed in time for work, so getting up an hour plus earlier to work out is not likely haha

I normally go right after work but if I have other plans or I have my daughter that day is lost

Kiana and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  21. Kiana

It sucks not to get instant gratification. I didn't lose any weight from working out. But as soon as I started eating vegan at home and was eating better I lost 5lb almost immediately. It took me a long time to get in the habit of drinking water, espesh cause I'd hear people talk about it like it was some miracle when they started drinking it more. They instantly dropped weight, their skin cleared up, they felt more energized - and none of that happened to me. I drink it now since it's habit and I know it's doing good stuff internally but I am a millennial and I like instant external results!!

But I think the instant gratification is what gets so many people and I totally get it. Sucks to go to the gym for months before u notice anything. I have a friend always on these unsustainable fad diets cause she wants instant results and I'm like sis ur gonna end up gaining it back, but I totally get the feelings behind it

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Instant gratification is especially tough for me because I don't have realistic fitness goals and just magically want a completely different body type

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  23. noxee

Regular Prestigious

Oh yeah instant gratification is hard. I'm like "I've been good to you body so why is my belly still jiggly" and then I just go cry in the corner while jiggly my belly...

24. Kiana

It helps a lot when I focus on fitness and health rather than weight. Which is prob a fairly privileged thing to say as a slender framed person, but having a history of disordered eating and body image issues I get a lil ridic if I try focusing on weight and counting calories and stuff. Like myfitnesspal is just something I can't do. But I try to eat well and work out consistently and it's nice knowing that even if I have a less productive workout day or eat like garbage one day, I'm still doing miles better than I was before

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. Dog with a Blog

It means everything to me

noxee likes this.