Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 59

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

That’s great!

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Thanks! I was shocked when I stepped on the scale this weekend. Never been this light

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  3. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I’ve really found my stride and I’m feeling really motivated and I think I’m going to do 20:4 intermittent fasting. I already don’t eat breakfast and it’s not much of a push to eat in a four hour window cause I already am pretty close with my natural eating habits.

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I have been super slacking which sucks to do right as summer is approaching. I'm just over walking to the gym. It is so hot that I have to get up early to do it and I've been sleeping sucky so I have been too tired and blah. I'm hoping to get a car next week or the week after but I need to get off my butt and do something at least

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

yeah I need to start doing some bodyweight workouts and yoga and stuff on days when I can't make it to the gym. I have been struggling to keep up with working out since I started work and I'm afraid of backsliding.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. Kiana

I always feel super paranoid if I work out in my apt cause I'm right above my landlord (this is the second time I've lived above a landlord wut is my luck) and I'm convinced my moving around is super loud. I'm house sitting this weekend tho so even if I can't get to the gym I should be able to work out without feeling like im disrupting anyone which will be nice

7. Dog with a Blog

Not sure if this is the proper place to ask this, but has anyone dealt with sciatica? My sciatic nerve is def fucked, often causing my left leg to feel pins and needles/numbness. It’s managable, but I could see it getting worse. I was gifted with a pretty bad lower back and I’m sure it has something to do with that

8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

If it’s really bad I recommend seeing an orthopedist. I’m sorry you have to suffer through that.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

For sure, thanks. As of now, it’s just annoying, hoping it doesn’t get to the point of suffering ha. But yeah I definitely need to do something about it before it gets worse

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My wife dealt with sciatica after pregnancy, which can be a common symptom for women during/after pregnancy. Luckily, it only acts up on her every once in a while and isn't too recurring. I don't think there's anything doctors told her she could do other than rest and that it should go away with time.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  11. Kiana

There are some exercises where I legit don't know if I'm just extremely uncoordinated or lack core strength or both lol.

Haven't gone to the gym this week so I was gonna get up early tomorrow but my grandpa called and asked if I could take him to an appt so now idk!

12. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Didn’t realize the name change.

Guess I can post in here now.

GAINZZZZ!!!

GrantCloud and ChaseTx like this.
  13. Kiana

Walked to the gym after taking my grandpa to the doctor. Not only did I walk a far uphill distance in the heat but I then did a lot of leg work once there. I walked home and took a shower and told myself not to sit down unless I was planning on sitting for a WHILE because my legs are tired but I made the mistake of sitting down and idk if I'll ever get back up basically this is a long winded way of saying I'm dead.

14. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I sliced my hand open yesterday with a pressure washer and have to miss a week of workouts and suddenly all I want to do is workout. So I went for a walk.

15. Kiana May 25, 2018
    (Last edited: May 25, 2018)
    Kiana

I wish I knew how to use more of the ab machines. There's that weird twisty seat thing but idk how to use it. And then there's one that like simulates a sit up kinda but with resistance and someone broke it once so now there's a strongly worded sign about using it correctly and I can't make that guarantee! I wanna work on core strength but aside from one or two exercises I haven't found ones I like for that. I randomly find leg exercises funnest

Edit: yeah I cannot work out at home. Too easy to quit whereas at the gym I feel like I'm there already so I need to take advantage

16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Ugh, I get this so much. Tweaked my knee in jiu jitsu earlier this week and all I want to do is get back at it. After a few days off, I'm now not sure if I'm letting it rest or just being lazy. What a struggle haha.

17. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Haven’t weighed myself for about three weeks but I definitely think I’m up close to 210 which I was aiming for by Memorial Day weekend. Now if I can get to 215 by July 4th that is my ideal weight.

18. Garrett

I bought a size 28 short today and I don’t know how I got here but it’s very exciting.

19. Kiana

I went to the gym for the sole purpose of using one area and they were in the middle of some random circuit class full of super strong ppl and took up the whole area!! I was v annoyed.

In other news the very frail looking elderly man next to me can hold a plank for longer soooo new goal!!

20. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my mom was telling me a short story today about how she was at the gym on the treadmills.

there was around 20 treadmills in that area empty and some guy decided to come to the one next to her. She just said "WHAT THE HECK" but luckily the dude stayed for like 5 minutes and then bounced.

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. Garrett

Tried a new shoulder superset today and I can’t feel anything below my neck that’s good right

jorbjorb likes this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

Just got my first workout since the semester in, so basically since January...Jesus. Anyway, it felt amazing. I’d like to feel comfortable in my body again. According to my license I was 148 and now I’m about 162. I’m not too concerned about numbers, but I would like to lose this inner tube of fat around my belly and, more importantly, put on a bunch of muscle.

jorbjorb likes this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

Pull ups are almost impossible for me now haha. I’m so weak

24. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I have been trying to convince my friend to get a membership and he finally did it and I'm going to get mine this weekend.

we got this deal for $55 each for 6 months all in cash which was nice since gyms are shady and I refuse to use cards. This is exciting but hopefully I don't get lazy about it.

25. Dog with a Blog

Kind of a bad day at the gym today. I get so insecure when I have to do squats. Also, I have a bad back and whenever I do squats I can really feel it and I dunno if squats just aren’t for me or if I’m doing them wrong, but I legit hate them

Also, I hate how discouraged I get. Like, it’s only been 3 days at the gym and I’m already upset I still have a belly lol

Kiana likes this.