Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

made my last indulgent meal before the jump a taco bell run. hopefully that satisfies the craving for a while.

anyone have some good Keto recipes to share?

2. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

Hmmm, haven't thought about a DVD, might have to look into that!

3. Had my first Crossfit class today. Trying to change things up, been doing the same at the gym forever.

Very very intense.

Firefly likes this.
  4. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

I did that recently. 16 hours fasting, 8 hours for meals. I'm not big on breakfast so not eating from 9-10pm until 12-1 the next day was not bad. I found that eating lunch as the biggest meal helped me eat less at dinner and at night. I'm not keen on 5-6 meals a day so I unusually just stick to 2-3

5. eight30

Regular

I am a little over a week into cutting out soda. The first step to try to lose weight. I've never been motivated before and I like anything chocolate based too much to cut that out so I'm starting with soda.

Firefly likes this.
  6. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Stay strong and it only gets easier. I cut soda out a little over a year ago cold turkey. It's toughest if you're eating fast food or popcorn or something, but it's also a great excuse to cut that stuff out too. I don't know if this is how it goes for everyone, but after awhile soda started to flat out disgust me. Even a sip of a can of Coke makes me want to puke now because of how sweet it is.

7. I've been living without soda for a few years now. I only have Coke Zero when I see it, but lately I've grown out of it too.

The first sip of a cold Coke Zero has started feeling rather unpleasant.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Diet sodas will never touch my lips. Absolutely disgusting.

Brenden likes this.
  9. eight30

Regular

It is hard but I have been doing surprisingly well. I had a really bad headache on Saturday that lasted 4 hours and caved and had a can of Coke. I don't have caffeine in any other way so that was probably why my headache was bad but I haven't had a headache or soda since! You're right, certain foods I associate soda with and it will be good to cut those out too. I never really drank that much though, on average only 2 a day but some days were a lot more.

10. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

it's hard to go cold turkey, but i've realized progress comes in small steps. when i quit soda, i reduced it from having about 2 cans a day, to just 1 a day, then half a day, then maybe 1 every two days, etc. now i only drink it if I'm drinking whiskey. good luck!

11. Firefly

emotional motion sickness

I guess I'm pretty fortunate as I don't really drink soda. I live on sugar free squash. Like cordial I guess which you dilute with water? I don't drink tea or coffee either. Sodas are very addictive though so well done to those who've managed to cut down on it or cut it out!

12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I'm on day 5 of Whole30. Mom asked me to do it with her to jumpstart her weight loss, and the cravings (even for foods I don't even eat regularly) are driving me insane right now.

13. Firefly

Stay strong! :heart:

14. Garrett

When my neighbor's pizza hut delivery showed up earlier, I violently ate a few carrot sticks.

Robk, RJ Knorr and Firefly like this.
  15. Firefly

Haha! That's the spirit. Try and take the food moral high ground. The cravings will pass soon.

16. Garrett

I've heard day ten is the "miracle day" for cravings. I've been pretty good at making really good eating decisions for a couple years now. I'm typically not hungry, but ever since we started this, I'm hungry all the time.

17. Firefly

Can't you just eat all the salad and carrot sticks in the world?

18. Garrett

Yup. But tomorrow is our grocery run so we're pretty low. Mom and I both are amazed at how much more food we've eaten this week.

19. Firefly

Aside from the cravings, do you feel any better? Like, do you notice a change?

20. Garrett

I personally don't notice much of a difference yet. I'll go ahead and say it's probably because I decided to not do coffee the whole time either (black coffee is allowed), the first three days were straight hell of caffeine withdrawal/dependency naps. My noticeable changes are appetite and in the bathroom, mostly. Kinda hoping I see/feel some changes in the next couple days though.

21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I've done Whole30 a number of times and I love it. The last one I did was actually 45 days. Either way, I know it's tough (just gotta make it to the two week mark), but I swear by it -- can't argue with the results. I just need to get better at sticking to it for about 90% of my diet once I finish. Next goal is 60 days.

22. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I've realized that utilizing MyFitnessPal helps me lose/maintain a healthy weight. The whole journaling thing helps me not eat a lot. That being said my fitness regimen is slowly going to shit.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I literally want to spit that stuff out whenever I have it.

23. Garrett

I'm going to try my best to stick to it Sunday through Friday lunch after this is over. I've struggled with body image for so long that I've done a ton of research into proper diets and this is pretty close to what most people agree on when it comes to staying lean. Once I finally get there, I'll just want to maintain at any grasp.

24. Firefly

So how was everyone's weekend? Did you stick to plan?

I did. Tonight is paella for tea - can't wait. :heart:

25. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

@Ben Lee I am interested in trying a plant-based diet. I have been slowly building myself in that direction the last few years. I have cut down my meat consumption over that span. I have increased my fruit and veggie in-take. I have generally ate pretty balanced in the past, but I have just been slowly moving in a more plant-based vegan direction. My question for you is what did you guys do to start? I think I am ready to give it a shot. I set a hard deadline for when I want to "go live". In the meantime, I am trying to gather information and foods to buy and some easy recipes to sort of ease my way in. I know there are some pretty wild foods and recipes, but I want to be realistic and eat some familiar foods that are relatively easy to find and prepare.

To kind of give you the full picture, I am approaching it like rehab centers approach a drug user. Slowly wane yourself off your habit. In the meantime, I want to be realistic with what I am eating. I am not going to be mixing up cool recipes with a bunch of new foods early on. I envision a lot more arugula and spinach salads w/ common fruits, veggies, nuts, and oatmeal. I just want to give myself the best chance of sticking with it and enjoy it.