Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 129

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Hey, power to you for having the restraint to only have 1. After you say "no" to stuff like that over and over it just kinda becomes an automatic response. You'd think he'd HAVE to get the hint eventually after you continuously turn things like that down and stop eating it himself.

Always hard to pass up a good deal though. Everythin' is expensive as all get out.

2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

this ain’t February slacker, that’s like 1K a day. Get with it brooooooo

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

ive already knocked it down to a 903 a day for the rest of the month bro, went ham this weekend in the gym

4. Mr. Serotonin

Speaking of eating light, ham is an interesting choice :teethsmile:

GrantCloud and marsupial jones like this.
  5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Tonin

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Now he got donuts as a surprise. Saboteur!!

7. Mr. Serotonin

:crylaugh: Hey at least they cut the middle out for ya. Makes 'em lighter.

Elder Lightning, GrantCloud and Kiana like this.
  8. Kiana

I've been slacking on weights lately cause I've been having fun with the treadmill and hikes. Did a dumbbell leg workout I've done many times before but it's been a while, and omg. I simultaneously feel like I now have the thighs of Venus and Serena while feeling like my legs are now dead.

Nate_Johnson and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  9. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

FINALLY got scheduled for surgery in early April and then it'll be about 5-6 weeks before I can start lifting again so I won't be back in the gym until mid-May. Last October the goal was to go hard so I was feeling good for summer and I completely fucked myself lol. light at the end of the tunnel though

Nate_Johnson, Mr. Serotonin and Kiana like this.
  10. Kiana

I want so badly to close the fitbit ring of 250+ steps per hour for 9 hours but I always get stuck in at least one meeting that ruins the streak. I've gotten a lot of 8/9 lately but there's always something blocking my victory. Wish I could have a treadmill desk!!

11. Kiana

Today has been a tough week. sometimes I feel like I was happier more overweight. Just eating and drinking what I wanted without caring was nice, tho i know thats with rose tinted glasses cause i was also like breaking down over not fitting into my clothes and low self esteem. Now I've lost some weight but it can be discouraging. Sometimes I just want to eat what I want. I get so irritated when I want ice cream or something but I've hit my limit. I get this weird rebel lack of freedom feeling. Like let me liiiiive. Things add up so quickly. And I only count calories 5 days a week so I feel like I should just suck it up. Why hasn't the human body evolved to eat whatever it wants with no consequence????

I know it's prob hormones but it's been a tough week

jkauf and Elder Lightning like this.
  12. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

This is why I don't count calories, haha. If I hit my calorie limit for the day and wanted ice cream I would just say "fuck it" and blow through a whole pint. Instead, now if I want ice cream, I just have a little bit and I'm satisfied. It's definitely that weird rebel lack of freedom thing you mentioned.

Kiana likes this.
  13. Kiana

Lol yeah yesterday I forgot I ate half a candy bar and almost lost it because it made me over my calorie goal because i also unexpectly ate out for dinner which i dont usually do during the work week. I had to redirect my brain into a more positive place. I've been in the PMS realm of life the last week or so, so I'm blaming that for some of my melodrama around it lately haha.

Yesterday I wasn't feeling a workout but did it anyway and it never got better lol. Sometimes I feel good after and am thankful I exercised. Not yesterday lol. Then when I realized the candy bar thing I wanted to rage. But I gave myself props for exercising and doing my best instead. I'm being active and trying. Doesn't stop my disordered brain from trying to sabotage me tho!!

14. marsupial jones

The very few times I counted calories I felt like I ate more, as if my mind decided “oh fuck off. You’re gonna count calories? Well guess what, you’re fucking starving and the only solution is 3 boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats and $25 of Taco Bell so have fun counting!”

Elder Lightning likes this.
  15. Kiana

Counting calories had me in such a positive headspace at first. And I don't blame it for my negative headspace now. I think that's my own issues I need to tackle. But what I like about it and what initially gave me relief is knowing you can still be in a deficit and eat like trash. I can eat taco bell every day and be in a calorie deficit. May not be healthy, but I can. Felt way more freeing and less restrictive than other diets or lifestyle changes cause of that.

But the main takeaway was omg I had no concept of portions sizes. It was unreal. I just had no idea how many calories I was taking in. I was always so confused how I kept gaining weight until I realized my portions were all off. Even with it being a habit and me being better at estimating now, I'll guess before I put something on the food scale and it'll humble me and remind myself that yeah I have no clue lol

Jason Tate and Elder Lightning like this.
  16. Carmen SD

Trusted

I went to tj maxx and bought myself a yoga mat, resistance bands, and ankle weights. I’ve been meaning to work on my flexibility. Not sure if that’s one of the causes why I wake up in pain sometimes and can’t move my shoulder, neck, or hip.

can I add how much better tj maxx is near me compared to Ross. Ross literally as NO beauty products and tj maxx and shelves FULL that I have to stop myself from buying things I don’t necessarily need atm

17. Kiana

Its my bfs birthday weekend and I've been eating like garbage and feel like garbage. I think I need to do that every once in a while when I start daydreaming about eating all the junk food in sight and giving up trying to do better. Reminds me that the grass isn't always greener.

18. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Hook grip hurts.

19. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

hook grip sucks hard. When my grip strength became an issue I started using harbinger grips (these specifically) when my hands get tired. Granted I mostly do powerlifting so they're probably useless for oly lifts if thats your focus.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  20. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Wrapping your thumbs helps a lot with hook grip. I just use mixed grip though and make sure I alternate every set.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  21. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I'm still lifting pretty light so I want to develop my grip strength before moving to something like that, but I'll keep them in mind for later on!

Thanks, I think I'll give the wraps a try next. I was doing mixed for a bit but it was messing with my form too much. I may just have to spend more time with it.

22. Kiana

I've been sick so I didn't do anything yesterday except lay down. Most I walked was from the couch to my shower. But somehow hilariously my fitbit clocked 15 active minutes. Unless coughing and sneezing counts as exercise now, idk what I could've done to confuse it. Sometimes if I clean it thinks I have active minutes but i truly did nothing. I wonder if my heart rate was going faster cause I am stuffy and struggled to breathe and it thought I was exercising??? Lmao idk. I guess if my heart rate is up I am burning more calories, but I love that it thinks I'm being active.

23. marsupial jones

it could have been heart rate that triggered it. When I was sick in January for a few days it showed a few active minutes here and there and noticed my rest heart rate went from my usual 55 to like 95 for all of those days so I’m guessing a few trips to the bathroom or fridge spiked it to “exercise” levels lol.

many, many years ago I was painting a garage and left my Fitbit on not thinking it would do anything and found out at the end of the day that the raising and lowering of my arm to paint the walls and all the back and forth registered as like 40,000 steps so sometimes oddball things like that trigger it as well!

24. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Yeah, being sick usually elevates your heart rate on its own. That's how we found out my son had a (very) minor heart murmur from a (very) small hole in his heart when he was less than a year old. It's all healed up now.

25. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Two weeks from my first meet and I hit 265 on bench, 365 on squats, and 455 on deadlift. Prep is going well and I'm feeling pretty good heading into this.

Mr. Serotonin, Kiana and DrAlanGrant like this.