Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 120

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg you're like the flash

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. marissalg

Trusted

Does anyone have a spin bike they like that was under $400? I need to add some cardio to my routine and I always enjoyed spin classes but I’m looking for something I can do at home. Also not looking to commit to the peloton bike (but have been thinking about doing their classes since they seem so popular)

3. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Went on a trip with some friends and one of them had a Hypervolt massage gun and I bought one for myself immediately. Love it

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

we're going back to the offices in January so i gotta focus more on losing this tire around my waist that i've been growing in the next six weeks.

5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Daammnnn ya'll were gone like 10 months longer than us :crylaugh: Wild state policies

GrantCloud likes this.
  6. If you look on the peloton reddit and search for peloton diy or something like that, you'll probably get a lot of recommendations for a non peloton bike and using it with just the 10 bucks a month plan.

marissalg likes this.
  7. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

you been to bdubs lately bruh

8. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Ran a mile in 5:57 and did a 2mi segment in 12:20. Continually amazed at how my body is responding to running, I always presumed I would never be able to do it.

Kiana, GrantCloud and Nate_Johnson like this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

No :tear: I tried to get wingstop the other day during the Fball games, but they opened at 3:00pm. There hours were 3:00-10:00. Who the frank would guess that?

GrantCloud likes this.
  10. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

the heck?? Maybe staffing shortage or somethin

11. Mr. Serotonin

Damn, first the thigh pushin' and now THIS? What's become of this world? :tear:

GrantCloud likes this.
  12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Not to derail the thread but my city looks like a post apocalyptic setting on Saturday nights - nothing is open. It’s super eerie seeing all of the chain restaurants closed on what normally would be their busiest night. I assume it’s staff shortages but like, Applebee’s doesn’t have enough people to at least have the bar open? Unless some economics guru showed them it wasn’t worth the electricity and staffing cost. Super strange how everyone is desperate for workers.

13. Mr. Serotonin

Some people were getting more unemployment money than i was getting paid for working a 40 hour work week so...that'd def make it hard to go back.

That's not the case everywhere, but it seems like that's the case in some areas.

GrantCloud likes this.
  14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Got back from vacation and was down a pound lol

ncarrab and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. Mr. Serotonin

You musta lost 1lb of stress.
    -Dr. Mr. Serotonin, R.S. Esquire

GrantCloud and Steve_JustAGuy like this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That happened to me over the summer. Went to Hilton Head for 8 days, drank every day and night and ate like shit and somehow came back and weighed a few pounds less.

My guess is I sweat so much out and ran around on the beach a lot.

Steve_JustAGuy and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  17. somethingwitty

Trusted

A month into Crossfit and I gotta say I'm really enjoying the results. I was never one that could just go into a gym and have any idea what I'm doing, so having some structure to these workouts has been super helpful.

18. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Squatted 350 yesterday. Bench press is at 245, deadlift at 420 so that puts my total at 1015lb. Probably gonna sign up for a powerlifting meet in the fall or next winter and see how I do.

19. Cody

fuck yeah dude! These are killer numbers

moving slowly as my lifts exist to reinforce my running, but I am at:
    squat - 195
    Deadlift - 180
    Bench - 135

mr_november likes this.
  20. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Running times like these are inconceivable to me lol

Elder Lightning likes this.
  21. Cody

Literally could not agree more. Up until like 18 months ago I almost prided myself on a lack of physical activity due to an otherwise active car-free lifestyle. I still don’t get what I’m doing or how I’m doing it but scaling up keeps working so I’m not looking the gift horse in the mouth lol

slimfenix182 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I started counting my steps this week for the first time ever, I apparently do about 26 miles a week thanks to work, I do very little cardio but when I do it's always max resist or incline and my legs are getting strong again. (I skipped about 8 months due to laziness and then covid gym closures before starting again July last year) my leg press is up to 680, I should do some normal running to see where my times are at.

Cody likes this.
  23. Cody Nov 28, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 28, 2021)
    Cody

Alright, so I did 9 mi. yesterday and somehow bested my times in just about every definable metric. Idk how accurate these apps are or how much effect elevation has on split times, BUT, according to Strava, my mile 6 was apparently....4:56? I'm a bit blown away by this one but I think it's a bit of a cheater mile because of the fact that I think this stretch was particularly downhill. Still pretty exhilarating seeing that type of time show up though, ha, especially since I do not feel like I'm exerting myself in any kind of intense way. Yay for running and fitness! Keep it up everyone, we're all doing great!

Carmen SD, Kiana and Nate_Johnson like this.
  24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Been tracking my calories again. Haven't been drinking calories (usually get a sugary coffee or a big London fog) and man I have so many extra calories to spare now I'm not used to it. Used to be good about not drinking calories but it's been a struggle the older I get and the harder I work and I'm just dead all the time

25. Carmen SD

Trusted

I keep telling myself I want to work out again, but my health doesn’t seem to allow it. I’m really exhausted from doing small things and last time I tried to get back into shape, I just became more tired. Just thinking about this just triggered me a little because my evil ex would tell me I wouldn’t be tired all the time if I exercised, completely ignoring chronic fatigue syndrome. He acted like he understood but didn’t then would disregard my feelings yet said i wasn’t “emotional enough” but would tell me my feelings are wrong? I just don’t know how people get up early to work out then go to work and have time to cook dinner because I can’t do all that alone