Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 114

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. kassie09

Regular

For all of my former emo peeps who use Peloton, Kendall did a 30 minute 2000s emo ride today and oh my god, it was the best playlist I've ever had for a spinning class. Every song was gold, I was so amped that I PRed.

Jim and spiffa0 like this.
  2. Gonna do this tomorrow!

She had a great one back in I think January with panic, new found glory, etc

3. kassie09

Regular

I am going to look for that tomorrow! It makes such a huge difference to me if I like the music. Kendall is not my favorite instructor but so worth it for the songs!

spiffa0 likes this.
  4. It's this one. And I agree..she's fine overall but cody or Leanne seem more fun for me.

Screenshot_20210421-211105.png

kassie09 likes this.
  5. kassie09

Regular

Thank you, I’m favoriting that now. Cody, Alex, and Tunde are my people. Alex’s club bangers are such a good vibe. Never tried Leanne’s!

spiffa0 likes this.
  6. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I PRed in this one as well haha

kassie09 likes this.
  7. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I’m team Emma. She’s my favorite.

8. Before you all workout do you have to take a poop or is that just me

GrantCloud, Jim and scottlechowicz like this.
  9. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Its my ritual any day I do squats and/or deads, especially on heavy days haha

spiffa0 and scottlechowicz like this.
  10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I agree with that, but the ones in that article are low(er) cost models from known brands/companies. More important than price is proper fit and style - running (especially any significant distance) in actual running shoes, not shoes designed for other sports/cross training; having the right size and width; using a stability shoe if you need one (and, conversely, not using a stability shoe if you don't need one).

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  11. Elder Lightning

Mr. Serotonin and kelseyleigh like this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Got up early today so I went to the gym right as it opened and I'm not sure it was the best decision oop. I was still v tired so I wasn't as motivated to go very hard and didn't get as much out of my time there. But oh well I got to see the early morning crowd and I don't think it hurt to go. Just felt blah

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  13. MattNCheeze

Trusted

always

GrantCloud, mattav152 and spiffa0 like this.
  14. Elder Lightning

Not always, but when I do I usually have better workouts.

For me it's usually about 90 minutes after I'm done working out.

spiffa0 likes this.
  15. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I just did a 60 min peloton class and I’m dead.

spiffa0 likes this.
  16. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

before and during yeah

spiffa0 likes this.
  17. Kiana

I'm so glad we don't typically follow BMI standards anymore. Mine has me one point below obese and I'm just like :chin:. When I was younger that would've devastated me and sent me down a huge spiral.

18. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Feeling very fortunate to know someone with a garage gym setup. This whole past year as been a drag but staying active has definitely helped my mental health so much. Being forced to stay at home and cook for myself, and not drink as much also help a lot.

19. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

took this yesterday and PR’d. Thanks for the rec!

kassie09 likes this.
  20. Another Kendall pop punk ride this past Monday

Jim likes this.
  21. Kiana

Hate when everyone at the gym seems to be working on the same muscle group. Like I'll have it in my head that I'm doing arm day today but then like EVERYONE is going arm day and those machines and weights are being used by a bunch of people

22. Going to try to stick to a schedule with the Peloton. Going to try

Sunday - Off
    Monday - 20/30 min ride (attempt for personal best)
    Tuesday - 20/30 min ride
    Wednesday 20/30 min ride
    Thursday - 20/30 min ride
    Friday - Off
    Saturday - 60 min ride

I did a 60 min ride this past saturday (only my second one) and felt great afterwards. By minute 35 or so I was reenergized and felt like I could go another 60 at the end of it.

And trying for a personal best every Monday just for something to work towards / have a goal. I PRd a 20 minute today. Figure if I try once a week I'll actually push harder to get better. The last few weeks I've just done rides but haven't pushed myself.

23. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I need to be better about taking days off of the peloton. I feel antsy if I dont do something on days I plan to take off.

spiffa0 likes this.
  24. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

If you run outside, it's a fool's errand to not park your buns on some porcelain before hitting the road.

I live in Chicago and pre-pandemic it was easy (but far from preferred) to have to find a grocery store or bar when nature called. Now - it's way tougher.

Jim and spiffa0 like this.
  25. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter