Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 112

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

-45?!! The frick do you live?

2. Must be the north pole

Mr. Serotonin and GrantCloud like this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the movie Ice Age

GrantCloud and DrAlanGrant like this.
  4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Wisconsin.

so both of those answers above are correct. currently it feels like -22. tomorrow shows a high of 1. allegedly by next weekend it should be in the 30's again but i'll believe it when i feel it.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

It’s dry cold though so you’ll be fine

GrantCloud and JBoch like this.
  6. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

this is hella true bro

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Bro hope you still out there doin’ ya thing and stuff like that :upfist:

GrantCloud likes this.
  8. Kiana Feb 16, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 16, 2021)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I screwed up my left knee. I think I must have bad form with that leg or maybe it's not the same length as the other or I shift weight on it differently idk cause sometimes that foot hurts more after a workout too

So it doesn't hurt when I just walk and exist or go up stairs or anything. But when I lunge or squat or kneel on it it hurts. I can push on the spot on my knee and it feels sore to the touch. Almost like I whacked it on something and have a bruise but there's no bruise. It's been like this for weeks. Hasn't gotten any worse or better. I don't think it's swollen.

Does anyone have an idea of what I did? It doesn't feel "pulled" but more tender. Was hoping if someone has felt similarly it could give me a direction to google so I don't go down a directionless rabbit hole and convince myself I have cancer.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Could be tendinitis?

I had tendinitis in both my knees - and for years it bothered me very much so. Not in instances where I was walking or doing normal activities, but when exercising it would hurt pretty bad. Or bending down/squatting. Sometimes, it would get so bad that in the middle of the night I'd wake up and my knee would be burning. I saw a doctor about it and also had a free 30-minute PT session that my gym offers and both gave me the same type of knee stretches and I did them every day for a few weeks and the pain just kind of went away.

Kiana likes this.
  10. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Yeah I’ve had tendonitis pretty much everywhere you can have it and I’d say it feels like that. It has a tendency to come and go with real gaps in between. Not my favorite ailment with the way it sneaks back in

Kiana likes this.
  11. Cody

Good running records? Just went out to the Armed and that was certainly a good time lol, fucking band is insane

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

badmotorfinger

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I was 199.5 lbs this morning. When I started back up with gym at the beginning of July I was 228

14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I have a peloton scheduled to be delivered between 8-10 AM today and I just have zero expectations its actually going to show up

15. Cody

actually never listened to soundgarden. i'll give em a shot!

phaynes12 likes this.
  16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wowee

17. Any reason why? Are you in the northeast with the snow?

The peloton delivery was pretty excellent in my experience.

18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I'm in Chicago - I ordered it on I think 11/19 and it just keeps getting moved (end of December -> end of Jan -> Mid March -> 2/16). it was supposed to be delivered Tuesday and at like 5PM they said they needed to re-schedule to today from 8-10AM due to snow (which I totally get, we got smoked). I didn't get a confirmation email or anything that they moved it so I just have a bad feeling about it.

spiffa0 likes this.
  19. Jim

Trusted Supporter

@spiffa0 it showed up!

spiffa0 likes this.
  20. Woot woot!

My favorite trainers are Leanne hainsby, dennis morton, and cody rigsby. Kendall tooles 30 min 2000s ride from 1/21 is a fun pop punk ride

Jim likes this.
  21. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Hell yeah, thanks for the recs!

spiffa0 likes this.
  22. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Decided I wanted to get into better shape with summer soon approaching so I got a 5 day workout routine from a buddy and signed up for the community center that's a mile from my house. Cut booze and started eating much healthier.

Since I get to the gym at 8:30 in the morning there's maybe 5 people there all together and only ever one other person in the weight room its been not only great for my physical health but makes me feel better in a covid world as well.

So yeah. Beginning week three today. I'm in and out in 90 minutes, and I'm already starting to see some small improvements. I'm grumpy, but I feel good.

dylan, Mr. Serotonin and Fletchaaa like this.
  23. Kiana

I've lost ten pounds! I notice it mostly in my face which feels nice because I have hated like every picture taken of me the last six months

dylan, djwildefire, Jim and 5 others like this.
  24. Kiana

Lol at me pretending like if I don't log the calories it didn't happen

jkauf likes this.
  25. Kiana

It's hard to hear co-workers always talking about new fad diets they're on. I just try not to say anything but I listen and every few months it's something new. Right now about half the women in my office are doing the same diet where they eat so few calories it gives me eating disorder vibes. I think I'm in a good enough place it's not impacting me mentally to hear about it like it would've in the past but it's hard not to side eye a bit