Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 110

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

One of my goals is to increase endurance. At first I struggled to get through a 15 minutes dance video. Now it seems to go by fast and lately I can do two of them in a row so 30 minutes of dancing. Today I got about 34 minutes of dancing, four just focused on arms. I have the desire to use dumbbells and stuff too. I need to get more. I only have two 2lb and one 10lb. Miss that with the gym the most.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. djwildefire

Trusted

Unfortunately, the same nagging pain I’ve had in the past when running regularly has crept up again. It’s in two spots on both sides. My upper glute area (which I’m thinking could be piriformis related), and then this smaller area kind of to the outside of where my quad meets my hip. Not as sure about which muscle that could be related to. Anyways, I sent my mom’s longtime PT a text about it, in hopes she could give me some strengthening exercises to do. I don’t want this to sideline me, because it’s been good for both my body and mind.

3. Kiana

I think I'm finally seeing some subtle changes from exercising regularly again. Little things that make a big difference to me and my confidence. I noticed in the xmas pictures taken today I didn't seem to have as much fullness in my face. Lately I've dreaded pics of me for that reason but I didn't get that feeling today. And I feel like I have a lil definition in my calves!

But most importantly I think I have exercising back in my routine. I enjoy it again instead of dreading it. I get the urge to do it and want to do it like I used to. I was cranky today until I got to workout and then I felt good and energized. I do notice my left knee is a lil uncomfy lately. Nothing major or all the time, but I'm trying to be aware so I don't damage it. So I've been doing more yoga and stretching stuff. May need to do low impact for a while

jkauf likes this.
  4. brigid

is this thing on Prestigious

I got very into running for the first time in my life around May, in part because I couldn't do my normal pre-pandemic things. The first time I tried to run a 5k in May my time was ~35 minutes which wasn't too bad especially since I hadn't really attempted to run more than a mile like, ever hahaha. I'm about to break both personal goals I had for the year - run a sub 30min 5k (I did this already, 28:13 is my current PR!!) and hit 300 miles on strava by jan 1st (I hit 297 today so I have this in the bag). I used to really really hate running and I'm bewildered/proud of myself for getting to this point!

5. Kiana

I'm trying to exercise regularly and it feels so defeating when I get PMS and cramps and migraines. And then with those symptoms comes unhealthy food cravings as well. Feels like a losing battle. I was able to do one of the two exercise videos I planned today which im still proud of seeing as I slept in until like 2pm with a migraine. The other video was HIIT and that seemed like pushing it even with the migraine gone now. Now I feel like I could do it but ngl don't wanna take another shower today lol

6. Kiana

Also as far as specific workouts I've realized I enjoy dancing, zumba and kickboxing as cardio. I'm also enjoying what I've tried of yoga tho I'm v much a beginner. but I dislike lots of jumping, anything where I have to keep going from standing to the ground quickly and vise versa, and any repetitive cardio routines, like when they have a bunch of sets of the same few exercises I get bored v easily. One nice thing with Covid and not having the gym is that it has rly forced me to get more creative with the exercises I've tried and then I can pinpoint more of what I enjoy and what I don't. Enjoying the exercise gives me motivation and makes it tolerable. Which seems obvious but whatevs lol

7. djwildefire

Trusted

You should be proud! Just doing something, even if it’s less than you’d like, is a victory in my book. I so often don’t give myself credit for things I do that I don’t feel are enough. It’s really counterproductive, because it makes me scared to start.

Kiana likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I've been doing dance cardio too and it feels good knowing I can do it, I'd be so scared to try it in person first, and also to know my limitations I can't do that squat thing where you touch the floor or do planks and that's okay

Kiana likes this.
  9. Kiana

Before my gym shut down I saw them doing this cool blacklight dancing cardio thing and that seems like a fun idea. Get to dance with glow lights but ppl can't see you as well. Even tho I know that everyone is so concerned with their own workout that nobody is watching me, but yeah I get that embarrassment part lol

10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

We have a stationary bike gym thing in town that does that - it’s pitch black and they blast music so loud you’re required to wear earplugs. All so people don’t see you and you don’t feel uncomfortable. I get that for dancing, but riding a bike? I didn’t know there were different ways to ride a bike that would make someone uncomfortable.

the class is fun but it’s weird to walk out of a pitch black room after 30 minutes into summer sun

11. Kiana

I need someone good to do dance workout videos to emo and pop punk songs. I did an emo song HIIT workout video today and ehh she was like "we all went through this phase!" (ITS NOT A PHASE MOM!!) and I like that she didn't make me do burpees but some of the moves were cheesy with like air guitar and the rock salute. I want something like Madfit on youtube but just with good emo songs. Someone more talented than me pls fill this niche

12. It's crazy how quickly your body can revert back to being a piece of shit. I probably averaged 4-5 days a week on the peloton june-nov. In December I rode like three times. Now in January it's a struggle to finish a 30 min ride. I hate that it takes so much work to build yourself back up to where you were a month or two ago if you take some time off. This could also be a product of me getting old.

13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Fell off hard thanksgiving to new year, thankfully I only put back on about 3/4 pounds, but I feel and think this every time I fall off the wagon, haha.

Mr. Serotonin and spiffa0 like this.
  14. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I fell off pretty hard from thanksgiving to now too. Except some how I lost weight even though all I did was eat like trash. But when I work out I feel like I’m going to die now.

jkauf and spiffa0 like this.
  15. marsupial jones

Thanks Jack

16. Took about three weeks to get back to where I was a few months ago on the Peloton. Was able to personal best a 20 min ride today. Giving up alcohol for a few months makes a huge difference in my endurance and how I feel when exercising.

17. Kiana

I've started using my fitbit again and it's already giving me helpful data. One day this week I went on a walk so in my head I had coded that day as "healthy" and the days I didn't exercise as "failure." But then I realized the two days I didn't exercise I had burned more calories. the day I went on a walk I was still more sedentary in general that day, whereas the days I didn't exercise was because I worked long hours and didn't have time, but because I was working more I was moving more throughout the day. That made me realize how sedentary I am on the weekends because I want to relax, which is fine, but then I eat waaaay more calories than usual too because I also don't feel like cooking so I order take out. Def gonna make more efforts to still relax this weekend but also be conscious of getting up and taking walks even just around the block or whatever throughout the day

This all seems obvious now that I'm typing it out but for whatever reason it's a revelation for my brain lol

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

think we’re gonna grab a peloton. i don’t think we’ll use the extra functionality of bike+, except maybe auto-follow, so we’ll probably do the base bike

maryp1603 and spiffa0 like this.
  19. Love my peloton

20. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

I have a Schwinn IC-4 spin bike and take Peloton classes. I love it and Cody Rigsby is my king. I bit the billet and ordered a Peloton earlier this month, should arrive next month.

spiffa0 likes this.
  21. Cody Rigsby is too pure for this world
    I love Leanne Hainsby the most though

maryp1603 likes this.
  22. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

I’ve never taken a Leanne class, so I guess I’m doing that this weekend.

spiffa0 likes this.
  23. phaynes12 Jan 22, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 22, 2021)
    phaynes12

i didn’t realize they take 2-2.5 months to deliver. i’ll probably wait in that case until the end of summer so we can have it all fall

though we do have a local peloton store and might check out if they have stock in store

maryp1603 likes this.
  24. marsupial jones

Usually it’s only a 2-3 week wait for delivery but covid resulted in a lot of people buying them up. Think I read something about that last month. I think weight lifting sets and such are also hard to come by

phaynes12 likes this.
  25. phaynes12

yeah i guess the store is out of stock too. damn.