Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 108

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

you're...not allowed to wear a mask on the machine? Well good thing I haven't gone back

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My gym does a bad job of enforcing things. I went into a planet fitness and felt like theirs was better. At least they had machines roped off. My gym just uses the honor system knowing nobody will follow it and nobody is wearing the masks right if at all. Part of the problem I think is the front desk is in a different section of the exercise stuff so it's not like there are tons of employees in the exercise area to see and enforce it. But they previously had every other machine roped off but then they took those down and now they're all open

3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

They made it optional on machines. The one I go to has done a great job of keeping things pretty distanced. Of course it doesn’t really help if there’s too many people not wearing masks. But that’s why I make it a point to not go in if it’s crowded. I have no idea what it looks like during the day. And I keep my mask on

cherrywaves likes this.
  4. Iain

Regular

I went religiously to a class called “Cardio Tennis” twice a week before COVID. 6 months later i finally made the return to it. Absolutely burst.

I am neither here nor there with Les Mills classes. However, my gym has dropped them from their timetable and introduced slowly their own stuff. However, never really addressed the fact Les Mills was dropped. People are absolutely raging in the facebook group for the club. This has probably been 2 months now, and still no one from the club acknowledging it when asked.

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Jealous of everyone who's back in a gym. Starting to get doubles of my kettlebells, so that's going to be a lot of fun this fall/winter.

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Once the colder weather starts rolling around, I may have no choice but to go back to the gym. I've been biking pretty much every day since April, but I'm already noticing the weather start to change and soon it'll be unbearable. Plus, I'm losing daylight as I typically wait until 7 or 8 every night to go and it's getting dark by 7 now.

My wife bought a bowflex years ago but I've never used it, so maybe I'll try that. My wife also wants to purchase her cousin's NordicTrack treadmill that they're selling, so that could be another alternate option...but eventually, I'd like to get back into the routine of going to the gym.

7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Meanwhile I’m like yes I can bike again. I stopped in the summer cuz I didn’t want to die in the triple digit heat. Now it’s like 80s and breezy so I hope it stays that way

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Super jealous.

I don't mind bundling up and biking in the 40s - and did so often back in March/April as we had a SUPER shitty Spring - although I'd prefer not to do so. It's one thing to bike in the 40s, but it's totally undoable in the 10s and 20s when there is snow everywhere for 3-4 straight months.

The summer here is super humid and into the 90s. That's why I would wait until 7 or 8 p.m. to bike on most days. Also with my wife's work schedule, she typically doesn't get home until around that time, so I was left with no choice as I had to wait until she got home to watch the kids. Which is why, pre-pandemic, I've always absolutely loved the lunch break gym visit which I so dearly miss.

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  9. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Bots with profile pics now. What a world.

Fletchaaa likes this.
  10. Kiana

Did well Sunday and Monday by working out and I've been too busy with work so I had to skip yesterday and today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. It's so hard between work and how early it gets dark so I can't even do outside instead of the gym by the time I get off work

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

what do you do when your b***s ache

12. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

No way to know for sure

GrantCloud likes this.
  13. phaynes12

i went to the doctor. i’m fine now. i somehow got pee into a place where it doesn’t belong and got an infection in my scrotum. very tight.

Cody likes this.
  14. Kiana

Last week I worked out four days which is prob the most I have gone since the gym was a fixture in my routine. On one hand I am excited and hope I carry the momentum but on the other hand it was hard af to make the time and energy for it so I feel a bit defeated about doing it regularly

15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Is there a calorie counter app that lets you just manually input your calorie intake? I’ve been using MyFitnessPal for a couple days and unless I’m mistaken it doesn’t look like that’s an option, and I’m already finding it annoying having to put in some approximation to whatever comes up for the food search result rather than being able to simply type in what I already know

16. phaynes12

you can manually add. that’s what i do. there’s a plus button that does it

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  17. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Found it shortly after posting that. I’m dumb

phaynes12 likes this.
  18. Kiana

Women's sizing sucks. I had a breakdown yesterday because two new pairs of jeans didn't fit. I've been making it a point to try and stay active despite having to quarantine for a week and the gym closing and I flipped out when my pants weren't even close to buttoning and zipping all the way. I melted down and was getting in that bad cycle of if I'm going to gain weight regardless of what I do then what's the point? But today I wore a different pair of jeans that were from the same store and the exact same size and they fit no problem. So I did not gain weight. Pant sizes are just inconsistent. smh

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. cherrywaves

Trusted

The ACL/MCL is right behind the knee right? That area starts to get sore whenever I walk for a long time and I’m starting to get worried

20. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

been running 12-15 miles a week with light CT in between and honestly loving it. having some slight discomfort in my left hip now and then but gonna go get that looked at soon. don't think it's anything too severe (hopefully). thank christ for meditation and its internal alignment capabilities. if i hadn't buckled down with meditating pre-covid i doubt i ever would've gained the focus capacity to take on more challenging habits like fitness, consistent home cooking and cutting out cigarettes.

21. kansascityshuffle

This lockdown even made me play sports.

22. phaynes12

thank you mikle

23. djwildefire

Trusted

I’ve been getting back into running for the first time in several years. I avoided it for so long because I was sure it would be miserable due to being out of shape. But it’s felt surprisingly good and not overly difficult. It goes to show how detrimental negative predictions can be.

24. phaynes12

happened to me about two years ago. super healthy and, while it was tough at first, it’s part of the routine now

djwildefire likes this.
  25. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I've lost 19 lbs since July 7th. Actually more than I had as a goal but this is about as motivated as I've been with gym so won't complain

RJ Knorr likes this.