Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 106

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

i remember hiking that when I was like 17 and it was cool some solid sights from the top

Kiana likes this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg did an arm workout from tiktok that looked pretty basic but I'm out of shape so it killed me but I finished without giving up!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. Kiana

Idk how athletes are productive on their periods honestly. Just did some ab workouts and I did enough that I feel good but not nearly enough for like... A difference to be made lol. I just cannot!

4. Kiana

This is the best thing that's ever happened to me

5. Highly recommend the Prince ride for those that have Peloton. My best 30 minute ride.

upload_2020-8-14_10-45-30.png

Also, I love that you can download the raw data of your workouts from the Peloton website. At the end of the year it will be fun to create graphs and see progress.

OhTheWater likes this.
  6. Iain

Regular

After a month of doing pretty much nothing due to work issues. I jumped back into it last week. Tennis, climbed two Munro’s, cycled round a wee island off the coast of Scotland. It caught up with me today and i slept to about 2pm! However, check out this view!!! (Might need to click to see better)

[​IMG]

Fletchaaa likes this.
  7. Had to Google Munro lol

8. extremesportist

I workout 5-6 times a week, first thing in the morning. I usually do weighted calisthenics and gymnastic exercises on rings, but during the winter or bad weather i work inside using dumbbells.

I'm not taking any supplements, but i pay much attention to nutrition.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. Iain

Regular

The UK government is doing a thing called “Eat Out To Help Out”. To support hospitality. In short, 50% off food, if you sit in. (Mon-wed)

I have taken advantage of this. McDonald’s large meal for £2.25 for lunch. Restaurant at night. Totally cancelling out any fitness gains, if not making me worse.

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

Gyms are finally opening in NYC next week. I'm so happy I may cry!

11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Still sounds like one of the last places I'd go right now.

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned, but for now they can only allow 1/3rd capacity and masks are required at all times. I feel like NYC has been doing pretty good recently, we only have 1% infection rate. I hope I don't have to eat my words

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  13. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Got a shoutout from fellow Type 1 Diabetic Robin Arzon during my 250th strength workout with Peloton in her class last night. Pretty cool, I was geeking.

Iain likes this.
  14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Got our Peloton over the weekend. 3 rides in, I’m loving it. Haven’t sweat this much in years

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

Gyms open back up tomorrow. Plan on waking up at the crack of dawn and get there right when it opens. Hoping to be the only one there.

16. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Haven't had access to the bike since 3/12 because my building's gym shut down due to COVID, but I have logged 7,000+ minutes in the app this year through strength, outdoor runs, etc. Moving into a house soon so will buy a bike of my own when I do. Suffice to say I love the product/app haha.

In terms of music on rides, Emma Lovewell is my absolute favorite. She actually has a semi-secret Arcade Fire ride (as in it's not labeled an Artist Series ride) on 8/13/18 if you look it up. Kendall Toole has consistently solid music too. Jennifer Jacobs did as well but I think they are deleting her classes since she left the company.

I'm DrewskiG on there if you wanna add me.

OhTheWater likes this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Awesome! I’m just looking through all of the music now and bookmarking rides. Christine D’Ercole has some pretty great goth/new wave/80s pop rides

18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Just followed ya back. I have a list of my favorite music classes but I need to find it.

You might dig this though, it's a Jess King Warped Tour-themed ride with Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, NOFX, FOB, MCR...fun one.

OhTheWater likes this.
  19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh wow

Drewski likes this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

how many black metal themed rides are there

if there's more than zero I'll buy a peloton

Iain likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

There are some with like Sabbath and old Metallica and other things I’m not interested in

phaynes12 likes this.
  22. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

No black metal, but based on demand, Kendall Toole has been adding some more. They do a pretty large and flexible metal umbrella though: Korn, Slipknot, Metallica, Judas Priest, Rage Against the Machine, Coheed...

phaynes12 likes this.
  23. OhTheWater Sep 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 1, 2020)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The one I did today had Atmosphere by Joy Division so that was pretty fun

phaynes12 likes this.
  24. Leanne hainsby is my favorite instructor.

You have to take the cody rigsby Brittany spears ride. He's so funny and over the top.

OhTheWater likes this.
  25. Dennis Morton also has some good rock rides.

OhTheWater likes this.