Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 104

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Miss the elliptical. All I can do right now is walk. Still contemplating an exercise bike for my apartment, the good ones are just too expensive.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

My Elliptical doesn’t do anything for me anymore. Can’t get heart rate over 120 no matter what I do.

ready to get back to the arctrainer at gym.

Mr. Serotonin, GrantCloud and Ken like this.
  3. Shakriel

[​IMG]

4. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

My personal home elliptical is trash!!! I can’t get over 120 no matter what I do lol.

6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

7. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I feel like I never use the elliptical the right way. My legs suddenly feel like they’re not going in the proper motion or cadence they’re supposed to on that thing

Dirty Sanchez and Ken like this.
  8. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Your resting heart rate is like 19 so maybe it’s not the machines fault

9. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

True but I can get it to 165 on treadmill easily.

supernovagirl likes this.
  10. Shakriel

fuckin' brag about it

11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

supernovagirl, Ken and Shakriel like this.
  12. Shakriel

supernovagirl, Ken and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Ken, supernovagirl and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  14. marsupial jones

@Dirty Sanchez all like “man life sucks I don’t break a sweat until I deadlift 450 15x and run 5 miles backwards in a sauna poor me”

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Trying to be better about portion sizes and remind myself that if I'm genuinely hungry I can always get more. I almost always make too much and try to eat as much as I can of it, but lately I plate the food I'm gonna eat and then right away put the leftovers in a container out of sight and out of mind, and I'm usually not hungry enough for the leftovers until the next day

Shakriel likes this.
  16. brigid

is this thing on Prestigious

started running outside in march (usually i'd just do like a mile on a treadmill as a warm up for climbing) when all the gyms started closing and today i ran a 10k for the first time and i still feel pretty stoked

17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Started walking up the stairs every morning with a 20lb weight in a backpack. 27 flights is quite challenging.

18. manoverboard365

Trusted

Small world, I just started doing something very similar. I take two 20 lb dumbbells and walk up and down the 6 flights in my building 4 times, two steps at a time. Better than any leg workout I've done at the gym.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

It sure isn't easy. I'm real winded by the end.

20. Bought a pelaton a little over a month ago and am loving it. I know I probably shit on someone in here before for spending that much on a bike but I was wrong.

Anyway whenever I exercise I am so hungry the rest of the day no matter what. Anyone else like that?

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i kinda want one but can’t bring myself to pull the trigger yet

you have to pay additional for the app subscription, right?

22. marsupial jones

yeah it’s about $40 a month

23. Yeah but you get access to all of their content and not just cycling workouts. Yoga, treadmill, stretching, cardio, strength, etc. $40 might seem a lot but there is a ton of content. I've never done a live class because I just search through their recorded classes and pick one I like from a trainer I like.

GrantCloud likes this.
  24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

40 is a lot a lot lmao wow

jkauf and supernovagirl like this.
  25. Shakriel

I've been contemplating getting an exercise bike, but leaning toward getting an actual bike and then a smart trainer. cost would be about the same, but would have a bike i could use outside too.