Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 103

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Snapped the handle on my resistance band tonight as I was doing pull ups, getting too swole fam

Mr. Serotonin and K0ta like this.
  2. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

So gyms here opened up in limited capacity and I gotta admit I went on the first day. During the lockdown I had bought a weight bench and some weights and have been doing resistance exercises and biking/walking. But that first day at the gym kicked my ass. I can’t even jog right now because my arms and chest are so sore. I also decided not to go back because I noticed people not wiping down or washing hands.

3. Oscyy

Pity the living

first time working with a barbell in over 2 months last night, totally feeling like myself again.

4. manoverboard365

Trusted

It hurts to look in the mirror and see all the progress I've lost in the last two months.
    I don't understand why I was able to go to the gym 5 times a week, yet I can't discipline myself to work out at home at all. I need my gym back!

dylan, Professor Plumbob and jkauf like this.
  5. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Been doing jumping jacks in between sets of some of my at home workouts, definitely helps build up a sweat. Kind of in a rythym now with the stuff at home but I'm sure I'm when I go back to the gym it's gonna kick my ass since all I have at home is dumbells

6. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Barbell? I haven't heard that name in years

Seriously though, I'm in such a funk without the gym. Its a massive stress relief for me and not having that outlet has been tough on my mental and physical health for the past two months. I'm the worst at working out at home, legit zero motivation. I've realized I need the gym atmosphere to keep me focused. There's just too many distractions at home and the lack of a dedicated workout area is tough. Luckily I've been doing a decent job at keeping up with a high protein, low carb diet and haven't gained any noticeable fat. Think I've lost at like 5-8lb in muscle mass though which sucks.

JBoch and Oscyy like this.
  7. Oscyy

Pity the living

This is me.

mattav152 likes this.
  8. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Does anyone use / pay for any fitness apps? I’ve been doing bodyweight exercises while at home. I believe our gyms are opening back up come June 1, but I don’t feel comfortable going, so curious if anyone has any app recs in the interim.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I've just been using Youtube because I have a smart TV and I feel like using my phone would be awkward , plus they're free on youtube

GrantCloud likes this.
  10. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Went for a 24 mile ride today. Almost passed out because I didn’t eat before hand

Mr. Serotonin and GrantCloud like this.
  11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

The Nike+ app is what I always recommend. Good amount of free and paid content. The paid stuff is free til July I think. Good variety of bodyweight and basic equipment workouts, with some yoga and mobility too. Believe workouts go up to an hour, but definitely worth checking out.

maryp1603 likes this.
  12. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

thank you!

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Went to the gym, feel amazing. Still feel nervous about the safety of it all. Cleaned the machines before and after I used them and they had every other one blocked off so people weren't close, and there weren't many ppl there. Idk. Physically I feel great, mentally I'm a lil paranoid now

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  14. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I went the first day they opened and haven’t been back since. I want to go back but now this job I’m working is literally the hours of the gym so I can’t ever make it now

Kiana likes this.
  15. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I’d wish they’d open the little apartment gym here. Not a ton of people use it normally and restricting to one at a time and then wiping down the machines before and after would be simple.

but I don’t know how safe that would still be.

16. Kiana

I got a migraine after having a green smoothie recently. The migraine was unrelated but I ended up throwing up right after drinking the smoothie and now I'm put off them and I'm so sad cause they were such a quick and easy thing

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

I feel like my gym wont be opening up until like August :tear:

18. [​IMG]

Ken, dylan, Mr. Serotonin and 2 others like this.
  19. Kiana

Went to the gym before work this morning! That only happens like 3 times a year because I am not a morning person. I also tried the elliptical which for whatever reason I've always been terrible at moreso than the other cardio machines. Lasted 10 minutes lol

20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I was scared to the try the elliptical for the longest time. And the first time I tried the stair stepper I gave up at 7 minutes

21. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

i love the elliptical lol

Dirty Sanchez and supernovagirl like this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Same, love the elliptical because of the no impact on my legs. Running fucks me up these days unfortunately.

Dirty Sanchez and Shakriel like this.
  23. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I also love it. Was just scared until I actually tried it. Kinda goes for everything at the gym honestly

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  24. Kiana

It's just so hard! My goal is to gradually last longer on it

25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I normally go on the elliptical until I burn 500 calories