Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 100

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I get headaches and nausea if I don't eat, don't do it if it's gonna make you sick

GrantCloud and Kiana like this.
  2. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

As a Type 1 Diabetic, the lowest my glucose has ever been was 28 mg/dl. Insane I didn't pass out.

I've been a Type 1 since 2005 and have never fainted or seized due to hypoglycemia. *knock on wood* I know I am extremely fortunate and lucky.

Kiana likes this.
  3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’m like right over the threshold of diabetic and I have not checked my glucose in months. Especially since this corona shit started. I live an active lifestyle but eat like shit...it’s been hard for me to work out at home but I have been cycling for about 40-60 miles a week the last 3 weeks or so.

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Potential dumb question, do they sell glucose testing kit things at the store? Wondering if I should at least monitor it

5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Yeah you can get it at your local pharmacy. Or Walmart/cvs type stores. I think it’s pricey? Clearly I’m not doing it right. Also I don’t know if it’s something you gotta check unless you suspect you might be diabetic or have been diagnosed? Honestly I don’t know I don’t even use mine. I just know you can buy it

GrantCloud and Kiana like this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Since I can’t go to the gym and I hate running I started biking a lot since the weekend because prior to that I haven’t done shit since this all went down.

I live right by a park trail so I’ve been taking advantage of that. I have lived at my house for 6 years and never went on the trail until this weekend. It’s pretty cool.

I’ve biked 30+ miles since Saturday but today it started to snow a little again and tomorrow is not looking good either but I definitely plan to try for 5-8 miles per day once the weather turns.

7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Running 4 miles a now now. Gonna push it to 6 here soon.

GrantCloud and marsupial jones like this.
  8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I wish I could run. Even when I was most in shape I never could. I have to jog then walk a bit then resume. Not so much because I get tired but because it hurts

marsupial jones likes this.
  9. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Running is the only thing I'm good at when it comes to fitness / athletic ability lol I’m actually running an unofficial marathon tomorrow since my actual one got cancelled

10. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

After talking to a close friend who runs/and my sister who is an avid runner I switched from nikes to a pair of brooks, p excited to break them in tomorrow

marsupial jones likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm very bad at motivating myself so I only run on the treadmill, like just running on your own outside that seems fake

RyanRyan and GrantCloud like this.
  12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Finishing up 30 days of 300 kettlebell swings (45lbs) every day, might stretch it a few days to hit 10,000 total. Excited to move on to the next phase of workouts, once I cement my actual plan. Anyway, my workouts haven't really suffered with corona-quarantine, just shifted. I don't mind a minimalist approach to fitness. Keep pushing everyone!

Mr. Serotonin and Kiana like this.
  13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Without being able to access a gym for the past 30 days my workout routine has seriously suffered. I'm just not good at motivating myself with home workouts.
    BUT, today I decided to get back into it, by doing 15 minute HIIT workouts every day. Holy shit, those workouts kick my ass! I didn't really know what HIIT was before, but now I realize this is like a compact Crossfit type workout. Felt like I was gonna puke at the end of today's workout lol.

14. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I also have been having serious motivation issues. Don’t have weights at home. I know they are not necessary but mentally it helps. I’ve been trying to walk/jog or ride my bike everyday. But I’ve still gained 5 pounds in the last two weeks, after being at my lightest.

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Last week I did 32.6 miles on the bike. On Sunday, I did another 8 but then the weather turned to shit yesterday and we're in the upper 30s/lower 40s with rain/snow mix until Saturday, so yeah, probably not going to be a productive week. I can deal with riding in the 40s if it's sunny and/or not crazy windy, but that's not usually the case when the weather is bad.

And I ate Pizza Rolls for the first time in 12+ years last night...

The struggle is real.

Taketimeandfind and GrantCloud like this.
  16. Kiana

I'm def trying to adjust my mindset with exercise. Usually I'm at the gym so im like "well I'm here so I may as well get the most out of this!" But at home I'm like.... "I'm home so I can sit down and stop at anytime." Which I need to not do obv lol

17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Look into "Greasing The Groove." It takes a lot of the pressure out of exercising and could be worth trying out. Can work with basically any exercise.
    Lift Weight, Not Too Much, Most of the Days

Kiana likes this.
  18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

To be honest, I'm far more concerned about the shit I'm eating during all this rather than my lack of gym time. I changed my diet early 2019 to pretty much avoid all junk food and start eating more salmon, grilled chicken and fruits and healthier snacks and almost all of that has gone down the drain.

I've had Salmon only twice in the past month - I normally had it at least twice a week. Chicken I still eat about once or twice a week but it's hard to even find good chicken and I'm trying not to go to the grocery store often for obvious reasons. Also, I don't really trust the fruits and produce sections during this outbreak. You're telling me that food - which is uncovered and touched often isn't getting exposed? I don't know. I'm not taking my chances. I've bought and ate bananas a few times and that's about it.

Unfortunately, I've been eating a lot of junk lately. Things I haven't eaten in years. And often. Hot Dogs, Frozen Pizzas, Cheeseburgers, Mac N Cheese, candy...things I worked really hard to avoid for the past several years.

19. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

not the same of course, but if you have a blender you could go the frozen fruit route and make smoothies?

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

It just occurred to me that my gym charged me for the month of April, even though they've been shut down since March 16th. Anyone else experience that?
    A month isnt worth the stress of fighting, but if we're gonna be in lockdown until July no way in hell am I paying all that money for nothing lol

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

We have a vitamix that we’ve used like 8x in the past seven years, haha. But not a bad idea.

22. Kiana

My gym suspended payments but I actually wouldn't mind if they still charged me in order to pay their employees during the lockdown.

Now that it's warmer I wanna make more smoothies which means I need a better blender cause mine is trash and sounds like a lawn mower

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

14.2 miles on the bike today!

24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I haven’t rode my bike at all this week. Kinda sad about it. It’s been chilly and drizzly all week. I’m like wtf it’s never this weather in south Texas at this time. Also, took me all day but I put together this cheap weight bench I ordered a couple of weeks ago. Came with 100lbs in weights too. Will have to do the job until I can get back to the gym

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  25. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I have resorted to deadlifting 5 gallon water jugs that get delivered to my house. It's light, but it's something. The gym closures have been tough.