Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Head North Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Transient_Hymn, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Can't believe these dudes don''t have a thread...especially with all the Microwave Split love.

Head North - Rock band from NY
    RIYL - All Get Out, Manchester, Colour Revolt

Single -

Discography -

2. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

I think they're pretty good.

Saw them live randomly and they impressed. I enjoy what they put out.

3. Horrorca

Trusted

I am only familiar w the Microwave split but it is sick

where to now?

4. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

I like their Bloodlines EP a good amount.

5. Transient_Hymn

Bloodlines is great.
    Their first ep not as much.

6. inagreendase

A friend just alerted his Facebook feed to that new song and it's got my interest. The last time he recommended a low-rent modern emo band I had no interest in prior (Bloodlines didn't do much for me), I ended up loving the album in question (the American Scene's Safe for Now). So I'm gonna have to trust his judgement and check this one out too.

I'd say I'm surprised I haven't seen sites like chorus post news about it yet, but I bet their editors have that same bias and just need that trusted friend to tip them off about it too. Judging from this song this sounds like it could be one of those transformative albums that gets a previously unknown ~emo/pop-punk~ band a sudden influx of respect and critical acclaim (i.e. Home Like Noplace Is There, Is a Real Boy, Deja Entendu). Really interested in seeing how the rollout for this album goes.

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this band has that bias though, thomas put out their record, lol

band is a even more poor man's have mercy

8. :chin:

9. Transient_Hymn

The new have mercy album is dog shit compared to the head north split.
    The first have mercy album was great but they botched LP2

10. Mclusky30

I don't see how they have anything to do with Have Mercy?

11. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i used to like have mercy a lot, they fell off for me then put out a garbage LP
    this band seems to be doing a similar thing sonically to them from what i've heard

12. inagreendase

This is exactly what I thought listening to their first song on the Microwave split. This new single is kinda legit, though.

Then again, I like A Place of Our Own a lot and thought some gloss did them good.

13. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Had never heard of these guys before. Their three songs on the split are insanely good though in my opinion. Will dive in.

14. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I wonder where that full length is that was said to come out in summer?

15. Horrorca

Trusted

yeah, I really want to hear that

16. Transient_Hymn

Assuming they got signed and it will come out end of year.

17. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

This is true. For some reason I thought maybe Bad Timing would still put it out.

18. They played a bunch of new stuff last night that I really liked. A few of the songs sounded like they had a bit of country influence, which was really cool. I asked about the new record and they said they don't have a release date yet but it's coming "soon."

19. Transient_Hymn

So are they releasing everything independent?

I feel like the reach on this is gonna be so small if they don't get on a massive tour in the Fall

20. btr

Trusted Supporter

Not sure how they're releasing this, but finding proper distribution seems to be why the album is coming out this June rather then the original announcement of summer 2016. It sucks because these are some of the hardest working guys and they have been for years now. Hopefully the album reaches as many people as possible and they catch a break and get on a good tour.

21. Transient_Hymn

Feel the exact same way. I'm expecting the record to be great and really hope they can catch a few breaks. If they are MIcrowave size this time next year then they will be in a decent spot.

22. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Most microwaves aren't that big.

btr and Transient_Hymn like this.
  23. The album is releasing independently but they're still with APA for booking, they'll get good tours

24. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

"The Last Living Man Alive Ever In The History Of The World" out June 2nd, 2017. Single coming on Monday.