Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Head Automatica Coming to Vinyl

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Melody Bot Jun 7, 2019
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2019)
    Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Head Automatica’s first two albums are getting a vinyl pressing. The press release can be found below and pre-orders are now up.

Headphone Records, the LA-based indie label specializing in limited edition vinyl reissues, has announced plans to release two classic titles by influential Long Island band Head Automatica on limited edition, remastered vinyl.
    2004’s Decadence is the band’s debut studio album which was produced by Dan ‘The Automator’ Nakamura and Howard Benson.

Propaganda is Head Automatica’s 2006 follow-up to Decadance, which was also produced by Howard Benson.

Vinyl Details:

Head Automatica-Decadence (15th Anniversary Edition w/ Deluxe Packaging) on translucent purple with black smoke and 180 gram black

Head Automatica-Popaganda 2XLP on pink with silver swirl and 180 gram black

Both albums remastered for vinyl at Cohearent Audio by Kevin Gray (Jeff Buckley, Miles Davis, Elton John)

Decadence ships 6/28/19
    Popaganda ships 8/2/19

Preorder – headphonerecords.net/shop

Headphone Records founder Shawn Carrano says, “After two years of waiting, we were able to secure the Head Automatica catalog from Warner Bros to reissue on vinyl. It’s our initial release after relaunching the label this year. We have more amazing releases in the works. Please follow Instagram.com/headphonerecords for updates.”

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. YES!!!!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Oh sweet baby Jesus yes.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. tyramail Jun 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2019)
    tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Prices are ridiculous. These have been up for a week or two and haven’t even moved 50 copies of each (colored). Doubt they’ll go anywhere with that price tag.

Walkabout and HarrisonMonopoly like this.
  5. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Nice! I just listened to Popaganda on my way to work this morning

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol $50 cmon now

Kingjohn_654 and Chcurry182 like this.
  7. fucking rip off

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I remember when Say Anything wanted $75 for the IARB re-press and i laughed out loud then found a 2LP variant of the repress at FYE for $19.00 2 months later.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

$50 for Popaganda?

LOL

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. Love Head Automatica but the only record I'm paying $50 to hear is Swan Damage

11. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

These albums were some jams, but they shall stay in my digital library only at those prices.

Kingjohn_654 and falafelmywaffle like this.
  12. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Wayyyyyy over priced, totally bums me out...

Kingjohn_654 and falafelmywaffle like this.
  13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

$50?! Get real lol

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

This x 1000

17. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Is there any way to get Warmer to release Swan Damage?

irthesteve likes this.
  18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I never understood why WB shelved it indefinitely. Maybe initially when they thought Daryl would play ball and rewrite the record but now? All these years later? Just release it you idiots.

19. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

mannnnnnn vinyl prices are outta control these days.

Thrifting for old gems for a buck is far more fun than spending 2 hours of work on one album you’ll spin maybe 10 times then forget about.

20. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

They did the most they could with the mix and mastering, which along with the licensing is gonna be a fortune. But this is still pretty crazy.

21. abusedcat

Long Gone Before Daylight Prestigious

Could never really get into Popaganda, but the translucent purple of Decadence for $30 is mighty tempting. Huge fan of that record.

22. theredline

Trusted Supporter

23. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I have to imagine they’ll drop the price on the colored ones. Popaganda hasn’t even sold 100 copies and Decadence hasn’t even sold 150. I assume it’s better to sell them at a lower price than to not sell them at all.

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That’s what I was thinking. Fingers crossed!

tyramail likes this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Giivveeee meeeee Swann Dammaagggeeeeeeeeeeee