Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

He Is Legend Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Apr 3, 2016.

1. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

My most anticipated as well. Wonder if there's a China White connection based on the garden reference. I'm also really looking forward to hearing the studio version of Air Raid.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. Lol all of their closers are probably in my top 10, you're spot on.

inwaves likes this.
  3. inwaves

Seeing them on Saturday. I wonder if they'll play more new tunes or just "Sand." Also, Sleepwave's drummer is their drummer for this tour.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. inwaves

Setlist from last night:
    The Widow of Magnolia
    Everyone I Know Has Fangs
    Attack of the Dungeon Witch
    The Primarily Blues
    Stranger Danger
    China White III
    Be Easy
    Sand
    Mean Shadows
    The Seduction
    I Am Hollywood

It was such a fun show. Sand was fantastic live.

Two tidbits:
    Adam and I were talking before the show and he ended up getting his guitar and showing me how to play Beethozart and The Carpet. I was on cloud nine. He also said the new record has more riffing because Heavy Fruit's songs aren't as fun to play live.
    Schuylar said that he introduced Sonny Moore to Aphex Twin and a bunch of electronic music back in the day and it blew his mind.

5. That setlist rules

First time I saw them was when they were touring with From First to Last. Wonder if that's around when that went down

Petit nain des Îles and inwaves like this.
  6. I wonder how old the He Is Legend guys are. I just remember the bassist being probably like 32 or 33 now

7. inwaves

Yeah I would say early to mid-30s

8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Didn't know they still played I Am Hollywood and The Seduction.

Great diversity across the albums in that set list.

Need to get back into this band.

9. inwaves

I think they just recently brought IAH out of retirement. This is the first time I've seen them play it since 2007. I really liked the setlist, only wish it was a little longer with more Heavy Fruit.

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Ah. Yeah, longer would always be better. At least you get to see them. I saw them play with Norma Jean here in the UK but that was years ago now. Perhaps even before Suck Out The Poison came out.

inwaves and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  11. inwaves

Yeah I've been lucky enough to see them several times now. Hopefully you can catch them on their UK tour this year!

12. inwaves

13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

inwaves likes this.
  14. Cool to hear that the new album will feature more riffs. I appreciated the moodiest vibe of Heavy Fruit though, but I can't say no to something more in line with It Hates You guitarwise.

inwaves likes this.
  15. Dieonstage675

I love HIL, seeing them in May for the first time, BUT can anyone tell how can a band soon-to-be 5 Full-length deep in their career justify a 11-song headliner setlist??

inwaves likes this.
  16. Yep I don't get the slightly short set either. That's barely two songs from each album.

inwaves likes this.
  17. inwaves

I wish they'd play longer as well. I think the longest I've seen them play is about 14 songs.

18. Steven Suarez

Schuyler's voice can't handle it is my guess. Same thing with dgd they never play more than like 12 songs.

19. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Air Raid is a banger. This new album will be great!

Petit nain des Îles and inwaves like this.
  21. inwaves

Air Raid is available on Spotify and iTunes now. Sounds so much better than the radio stream. I'm really loving these two tracks.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Thanks for the heads up! I have Apple Music and checked about two hours ago and it wasn't available yet :tear:

inwaves likes this.
  23. Air Raid is so good, it feels like it could have been on It Hates You due to the production and the riffing. I missed the aggressivity vocally.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

25. inwaves

So good. Nice for them to have a video again.