Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

He Is Legend Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Apr 3, 2016.

1. I love this band very much

inwaves likes this.
  2. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

They're so good, and only getting better imo

coleslawed likes this.
  3. inwaves

Adam is apparently writing songs with Dustie from BTBAM. I'm very curious to see what comes of that.

4. Quite cool, reminds me most of It Hates You

inwaves likes this.
  5. inwaves

Looks like we'll be getting an announcement soon, and the record is titled FEW.

6. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Too excited

coleslawed likes this.
  7. inwaves

Matt tweeted that tomorrow is going to be a great day. I'm going to go ahead and interpret that as a hint that we're getting some sort of news tomorrow.

8. Single pleeeeease

inwaves likes this.
  9. Can't wait ! So cool to see how active they are since their reunion.

inwaves likes this.
  10. inwaves

FEW will be released April 28th. The album art looks dope. Fuck. Yes.

nl5011 likes this.
  11. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Yea artwork is dope. Love the logo change

inwaves likes this.
  12. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Love the artwork. Need to go back to It Hates You and Heavy Fruit. Never really gave them too much attention..

inwaves likes this.
  13. inwaves

They're both very good. It Hates You is their best album imo. Everyone I Know Has Fangs, Primarily Blues, Stranger Danger, Decisions, Mean Shadows. So many great songs. Not to mention China White III.

14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Man, nearly May until it's out. Hoping for some super sludgy songs.

inwaves likes this.
  15. inwaves

Dustie from BTBAM tweeted that he played on the new record. Between that and the fact that it was mastered by Nolly from Periphery, I feel like this is going to be a sweet guitar album.

16. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Need a single!

inwaves likes this.
  17. inwaves

I noticed that the band picture being used in news articles today doesn't have Sam in it. They haven't said anything about him leaving the band, but it pretty clearly just has 4 of them.

18. aspeedomodel

I Am Hollywood has such a special place in my heart haha, I dunno if they'll ever replace it for me. Going to give these albums more listens this weekend while I do taxes.

inwaves likes this.
  19. inwaves

There are definitely times when I find it hard to choose between I Am Hollywood and It Hates You for my favorite. I Am Hollywood was such a game changer for me. The way they blend genres on that album is just amazing. It all somehow feels cohesive even when they jump from death metal to jazz to almost pop-punk at times. It Hates You just has some of their most mature and accomplished songwriting imo. They're both very special albums to me.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. aspeedomodel

Yeah, I Am Hollywood just blew me away when I listened to it. Everything since hasn't stuck with me the same.

Heavy Fruit was great when it came out, I just forgot it existed.

21. inwaves

I still spin Heavy Fruit pretty regularly. I don't think it's quite as good as IHY, but I think it shows them continuing their growth as songwriters. I do hope that Few is a little bit heavier and more rocking than Heavy Fruit.

22. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Yea heavy fruit had a bunch of slow burns and stoner jams. Some good rockers though, I love that riff in Be Easy.

23. Heavy Fruit was a good , though a bit safe, comeback album, but I feel like they're really going to blow it out of the water with the new album.

inwaves likes this.
  24. inwaves

I think you're right. Heavy Fruit was the first album where they didn't change their sound too much from the last album. I Am Hollywood, Suck Out the Poison, and It Hates You were all very different from each other. I think Be Easy and The Carpet were probably the biggest departures from the style shown on It Hates You. Quite a bit funkier than anything they've done previously.

25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I just think they finally settled into/found their style with It Hates You & Heavy Fruit. we'll see what few brings.

Petit nain des Îles and inwaves like this.