Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

He Is Legend Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Apr 3, 2016.

1. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Apparently the album is almost done being mixed by Adam from Periphery. Hopefully we'll get an actual announcement soon.

red8ge likes this.
  2. red8ge

Regular

not a huge periphery fan but i'm def intrigued. Wonder if they're gonna go down the route they've been going or maybe pull back to a kind of suck out the poison/it hates you thing (or different altogether)

3. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Adam's gonna bring the sludge to this album, that's for sure.

inwaves likes this.
  4. inwaves

I have a feeling it's going to be a little more heavy and "rock-y" than Heavy Fruit. I'm honestly fine with them going either way, because I've loved each album pretty equally.

coleslawed and red8ge like this.
  5. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I could take a whole album of China White's bridge.

6. inwaves

Suck Out the Poison came out 10 years ago today. I'm glad it's risen in esteem since then. So many people hated it when it came out.

coleslawed and awakeohsleeper like this.
  7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Even though it had a different vibe to I Am Hollywood I absolutely loved it.

inwaves likes this.
  8. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

suck out the poison stole my heart. granted, i think all i had heard prior to it was China White, so it was kind of a continuation of that.

awakeohsleeper and inwaves like this.
  9. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Mushroom river is such a beast. That breakdown at the end is so nasty.

There were a lot of good riffs on that album.

10. red8ge

Regular

it's always kinda weird to me when i heard people hated suck out the poison. i guess i got into "the scene" or w/e kinda late in 07 so i never got to know why the reaction happened. guess the record was a lot weired than IAH

11. inwaves

I think it had a lot to do with Schuylar's voice changing, and the fact that the album didn't sound like I Am Hollywood musically. I don't think people were expecting such a dark and sludgy album. I loved it from the get-go.

12. inwaves

Schuylar was the guest on the Ink & Echo podcast the other day, and it was a great episode. He's a very interesting dude. Among other things, he said that Josh Moore has a guest spot on the new Legend album, which is something I've personally hoped for since like 2007 haha. So cool that it's actually happening.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The guy from Beloved? Always wish he'd put more out.

14. inwaves

Indeed. His solo stuff is great but there's not much of it out there. I saw him open for He Is Legend and Far-Less back in 2007 and it was a fantastic show.

15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I was unaware he had a solo project, got any links?

also, wasn't Schuylar working on a side project during the post-It Hates You hiatus? something about Flowers. wonder what happened with that.

16. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Josh Moore- Parted Ways

No clue what happened to Flowers of Evil. They havent updated their Twitter since 2015 (and that was the first time since 2010) & google turns up results for a completely different band

coleslawed likes this.
  17. inwaves

I didn't realize he had new material out! That's awesome. I was still listening to his songs from '07/'08.

18. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Man, I remember when Suck Out the Poison leaked and I was at my grandmas and downloading that album on her dial up internet at like 2 in the morning. Haven't really listened to these guys since then, but from catching up on this thread I'm guessing It Hates You is something I should check out?

19. inwaves

Definitely. One of the best modern rock albums, imo. Heavy Fruit is great too.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I'm super excited for a new album. Heavy fruit was great. They seamlessly shift between nu-metal riffage, hazy stoner ambiance and southern grit. I can't wait to see what new tricks they throw in the mix.

inwaves likes this.
  21. red8ge

Regular

i was thinking this the other day, and feel free to lol at me or whatever, but it would be extremely sick if he is legend opened for Nickelback

22. inwaves

If that's what it would take to get them a bigger fan base, I'd be down. I don't understand why they aren't bigger.

23. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I'd like to see them open for Queens of the Stone Age

coleslawed and inwaves like this.
  24. inwaves

QOTSA or Foo Fighters would rule

25. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I think I might hear someone coming out of the corner of my eye

inwaves likes this.