Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

He Is Legend Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Apr 3, 2016.

1. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

"That's Nasty," is unreal as well.

inwaves and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  2. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  3. inwaves

Seeing them play that live was incredible. They manage to make that riff even heavier and sludgier.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  4. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

The records after I Am Hollywood threw me off at first because they're so different, but I've grown to enjoy them over time. Hearing them in a live setting helped a lot.

5. JettaPA

I really need to check out their albums after SOTP. I love their first 3 albums, I just sort of forgot about these guys and lost track. I guess they have two more albums after SOTP right? And I guess I'm in the minority, but SOTP is my favorite, but I tend to gravitate toward harsher vocals.

6. inwaves

Definitely give It Hates You and Heavy Fruit a shot. I love SOTP too, I just wish the production/mixing was better. Steve Evetts' records usually sound awesome, so I don't know why that one sounds so off to me.

7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Suck out the Poison was my first real introduction to the band (after China White), and it's still my favorite. enjoyed It Hates You but never really got into it. really dig Heavy Fruit and can't wait for what's next.

8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This thread has given me enough of a desire to check out It Hates You and Heavy Fruit today.

muttley likes this.
  9. Garrett

This may be a weird comparison, but Schuyler (and really the rest of the band) on IHY is what I imagine what MuteMath would sound like if they made heavier music instead of indie pop-rock.

IHY is defintely much more appealing to me now than when I heard it in 2009. I hated it back then.

10. inwaves

I might need to check out MuteMath then. Any particular place I should start? Also, glad you're digging IHY more now. It's one of my favorites.

11. Garrett

Start from the beginning and watch them progress.

12. dangerstepp

One of my all time favorite bands being a fan since I Am Hollywood. I saw them live with Maylene and the Sons of Disaster the summer that Heavy Fruit was released; easily one of my favorite shows of all time. Talked with Schuylar a bit--those guys are the greatest and Heavy Fruit was excellent... one of my favorite albums from 2013.

These guys grew and improved on a trajectory like few bands do. I treasure their discography.

inwaves likes this.
  13. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, I would've loved to see that show.

14. inwaves

I hung out with Matt and Adam before a show last year and they're the coolest dudes. Matt talked to me about their songwriting/recording process and I was geeking out. I also learned that SOTP is his least favorite album of theirs.

15. inwaves

Top 3 songs from each release:

91025: Martini, Either They Decorated for Christmas Early..., Down in a Crypt
    I Am Hollywood: The Greatest Actor Alive, China White, Dinner with a Gypsy
    Suck Out the Poison: Attack of the Dungeon Witch, The Widow of Magnolia, The Pot Bellied Goddess
    It Hates You: Dicephalous, Decisions, Decisions, Decisions, Mean Shadows
    Heavy Fruit: Beethozart, Spout Mouth, The Carpet

16. Miller304

Be excellent to one another. Supporter

"Don't Touch That Dial" was my first taste of these guys. Probably still my favorite song in their catalog. I need to sit down and fully listen through the albums.

inwaves likes this.
  17. red8ge

Regular

"Time To Stain" is like an all time high of a song for me, so fucking good

inwaves and dangerstepp like this.
  18. Miller304

Be excellent to one another. Supporter

UPDATE:

Been listening to Heavy Fruit all morning. This album is amazing.

coleslawed, dangerstepp and inwaves like this.
  19. inwaves

@Miller304 it's so good! I always go back and forth between it and It Hates You for my favorite album of theirs.

dangerstepp likes this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Loved the EP and the first two albums but actually never heard the last two records they put out. I remember seeing them support Norma Jean over here in the UK and a few people around me kept shouting out and calling Schuyler a stoned Jesus.

21. inwaves

Hoping we get an album announcement soon. I'm guessing maybe a September/October release?

22. red8ge

Regular

what kinds of tours do you think HIL need to hop on to get more momentum? i saw them w/ norma jean a couple months ago and any song past Suck Out The Poison, the crowd was totally dead. like i think the next record will get even more Rock-y so i wonder what kinds of bills they should get on (the headliner w/ local opener route seems to have diminishing results)

23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'd really love to see them get on tour with Baroness.

inwaves and coleslawed like this.
  24. inwaves

I've pondered this as well. I'd like them to tour with ETID, but they might run into the same problem of not being "hardcore" enough for that crowd. My dream scenario would be for them to cross over into the Mastodon/Baroness/Red Fang scene, which I think would work with their blend of heaviness and catchiness.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. inwaves

Live video of a new song apparently titled "Air Raid." Sounds rad!

Petit nain des Îles likes this.