Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

He Is Legend Band • Page 19

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Apr 3, 2016.

1. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I still get pumped every time I hear those opening tom hits followed by the huge riff in “Sand.” That song is incredible.

2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yeah buddy that song is a beast. Surprised it grew on me over Air Raid.

Nate_Johnson and inwaves like this.
  3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Saw a vinyl copy of It Hates You at Siren records in Doylestown, PA. $22. Hope someone who's been hunting for it picks it up.

4. inwaves

They’re recording!

5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

that’s sick they’re recording with Worth. wonder if he’ll play some stuff on the record, too.

6. inwaves

He was a great rhythm guitarist for them. I never got to see him live but based on YouTube videos, he was a great fit. I just wonder why Denis isn’t in the band anymore.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I always enjoy rediscovering this band.

aspeedomodel, Tyler, inwaves and 3 others like this.
  8. inwaves

Few is really doing it for me lately. Hard to believe it's almost a year old already.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  9. inwaves

Looks like they’re playing Mushroom River on this tour. Would love to see that song live, as I’m pretty sure they haven’t played it since 2006. I still remember the hoopla when that song dropped haha.

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Jamming 91025 at work and remembering how much I loved that EP.

11. inwaves

“Martini” is super underrated. And “Either They Decorated for Christmas Early...” will never get old.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  12. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I lived for seeing Mushroom River when they played Sonsine.

awakeohsleeper and inwaves like this.
  13. inwaves

That was the festival where they got in trouble, right?

coleslawed likes this.
  14. What happened?

15. inwaves

I’m honestly not sure but apparently they offended a bunch of people. I think this was when they finally decided to break away from the Solid State scene they were lumped into.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

yup.

pretty much, it's a super conservative Christian festival, and they got added on because they were on Solid State.

idk how much the band knew about the fest when they signed on, but they showed up pretty hammered. didn't do anything terribly crass, though, other than a girl from the crowd climbing on stage and grinding on one of the guitarists, but that's not really on the band, imo. The Chariot also got banned that same year for trashing (their own) equipment on stage.

beachdude, awakeohsleeper and inwaves like this.
  17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The floor toms on few sound like you're getting hit in the head with a big vat. So heavy. \m/

18. inwaves

Those hits that kick off “Sand” never fail to get me pumped. So simple but so badass.

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The sludgy jam at the beginning of their set is heavy as absolute balls

20. inwaves

Listening to It Hates You on vinyl for the first time in a long while. It sounds way different than the CD. It’s like listening to a new album.

21. Really? I need to hear this version then.

22. inwaves

They remastered it and I can’t really articulate what specifically sounds different, but it’s cool.

23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Drums are way way more spacious, guitar is much clearer, bass well defined. CD version sounds miserable in comparison, everything sounds so washed out. It's actually night and day

24. Damn now I wish I had a turntable

and money as well

beachdude likes this.
  25. inwaves

Do you know if a vinyl rip is available anywhere? I’m in love with this mix. Feels more in line with Heavy Fruit and few.