Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

He Is Legend Band • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Apr 3, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

2011, I believe. The whole EP is on YouTube and I'm sure you can find it for download if you search the internet lol. It's damn good. Especially "Harsh" and "New York Minutes".

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Few sounds even heavier on vinyl, can confirm.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

@mattylikesfilms I'm sure you haven't gotten your IHY yet but the master sounds way different than the CD version. Vastly improved, I'm stoked for you to hear it, I love it

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Haven't got it yet but I'm so stoked! I remember reading about how they re-mastered the whole thing for vinyl. Can't wait. Hopefully it's in by the time I'm back from Portland next week!

5. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Keep an ear out for the drums, they're the biggest difference. They're massive AF. Warn your neighbors.

coleslawed and mattylikesfilms like this.
  6. Wow I truly need to hear those remasters, but I don't have a setup for vinyl listening. Do you think someone will rip those versions ? I don't know how this kind of thing works for vinyl.

7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I don't have the apparatus for vinyl rips, sorry. Would be really nice if someone did, because the end of Mean Shadows without the fade and a hard cut instead is much better.

8. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

It seems like I'm in the minority when I say, I think few is bad.

9. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Dude!!
    What didn't you like about it?
    Did you like HF Or IHY?

10. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I've never listened to It Hates You and I wasn't a big fan of Heavy Fruit.

few just sounded like radio rock for the most part.

nl5011 likes this.
  11. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Ahh ok well that makes sense. Yea, though I think it's cool that it could be played on the radio. I listen to this band with my dad, whose huge classic rock/metal fan, and it's like the heaviest stuff he listens to. So I'd be stoked if this went radio. It's kinda of like the mastodon appeal. Like if someone was gonna make radio rock, then let it be these super talented musicians.

inwaves likes this.
  12. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I wish He Is Legend was on the radio.

coleslawed and nl5011 like this.
  13. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Imagine thinking this sounded anything like the rock played on the radio. Sad!

14. mattylikesfilms May 24, 2017
    (Last edited: May 25, 2017)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

@Bryan Diem my IHY record came in the mail but since my record player is broken and there's no download code (vinyl was brand new wrapped and all)- I listened to the album start to finish 4 times over on repeat on the iphone while working from home lol. I lost track of time.

It Hates You is perfect.

Bryan Diem and inwaves like this.
  15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The anticipation of you hearing this is actually pretty considerable lol

16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Aaaand I finally got around to HF on vinyl. Sounds awesome, and I really love the structure of that record, all the dark, thematically similar songs in the front and the more immediate ones in the back. Can't think of any albums like that, really.

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Pretty solid interview with Schuylar where he talks about the recording process of Few and the Indiegogo campaign. He mentions how they are already writing for a new record (!!!) and with Few being most likely on track to becoming their most successful record- I imagine we won't have to wait longer than two years.

18. mattylikesfilms May 28, 2017
    (Last edited: May 28, 2017)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Schuylar also mentioned Dustie from Between The Buried And Me played the guitar solo for "The Garden" and that they are slowly but surely working towards getting I Am Hollywood the vinyl treatment.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I'm not a huge I am Hollywood fan but if helping the vinyl sell out would convince those label execs to press Suck out the Poison, I'm buying one for SURE

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm not a big fan of IAH either but it would be cool to have plus anything to support the boys would be cool.

coleslawed and Bryan Diem like this.
  21. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Absolutely. It's a fun listen even if I don't love it.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm listening to it right now at the gym and I forgot how much of a jam "Eating a Book" and "The Creature Walks" is. If they remastered the record and pressed it? Would jump on that in a second. Not sure if it's my copy only but the production is a little muddy.

23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

It's pretty muddy I think but I don't have a CD copy so I'm not ultimate authority. I really only love the first and last and probably China White but I forget.

24. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I still love IAH front to back even if it does seem like a totally different band at this point. It could definitely benefit from a remastering though. I saw them a couple of years ago and they played "Dinner with a Gypsy" which I honestly didn't think they would ever play. It was amazing.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Really want to see them again, but not feeling a Sevendust tour