Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

He Is Legend Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Apr 3, 2016.

1. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

It's so gooood.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I just peeked in here and about halfway down the last page I forgot I wasn't reading the ETID thread haha... not that I'm complaining!

3. inwaves

Speaking of which, I wish the two bands would tour together again. I know Schuylar and Keith are friends.

4. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I want to see a ETID, HIL, Trophy Scars bill. Would cry.

mattylikesfilms and inwaves like this.
  5. Bryan Diem

Trusted

You cannot be the onlaaaaaaahhhhyyyyyyy oooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnne

Christ.

6. inwaves

I think Beaufort, Eastern Locust, and The Vampyre are my favorites at this point.

7. inwaves

8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

My god Eastern Locusts -> Fritz the Dog -> The Vampyre is so gooooood!

Anyone get kind of Coheed and Cambria vibes from this? More specifically Good Apollo IV...I swear I can hear some of the more macabre influences in here crossing over

9. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Hmmm, that wouldn't have been my first thought, but I guess in some of those songs later on the record. Eastern Locust to Garden is one heck of a stretch.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

@Bryan Diem I added It Hates You to my wishlist on discogs and literally an hour ago I got a notification that one went up for $29 and I bought that shit!!! So stoked! I hit up that one record store on fb and they never replied lol.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  11. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Hell yeah my dude!!!! I'm finally going to spin my copy this weekend. And that store has a shitty social media presence lol

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Nice!! I'm sure Few is going to sound great on wax man. I totally forgot about discogs and I signed up a new account like only two nights prior so it's like fate in some ways lol. I also paid a stupid amount for Bayonet's EP- did you ever listen to that? It's from Buddy from Senses Fail and it's awesome.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Bryan Diem like this.
  13. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Discogs has given me some of my favorite records, sooo clutch. I never did listen to Bayonet, I guess I didn't hear enough buzz about it haha

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm now trying to stay off the site cause I'll just buy more records and I need to chillll. It was crazy seeing how much some records I have go for (like Mansions- Dig Up The Dead for $150) but honestly I don't think I have any records I would wanna flip plus I hate people who do that shit so I would be a hypocrite anyways. Also, If you're into hardcore at all check out this song from Bayonet. I love the EP so much that I dropped a total of $51 for it since it's rare as hell to find lol

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Dang, this is cool, the pressings are sick, and I LOVE the album cover. Good find. I love going on discogs and seeing stuff I have that I got for a lot cheaper than it sells. I got a major/minor blue splatter last year for $15 and it goes for so much on discogs

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Really? I should sell mine (major/minor) since I have that as well and I'm not big on the record.

But yeah man- Bayonet is sick. It's one of my all time favorite EP's. Buddy and Dan were gonna do a full length and then they pretty much replaced that with Renacer that's like Deftones and Comeback Kid mashed together lol.

17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

M/m's suuuch a good record and I love the packaging, but you might be able to catch a pretty penny for that.

I mean, I think I'm glad they just made Renacer instead, and I know you are too haha

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I could get around $60 for M/M... sweet. Definitely selling it soon!

Renacer is the best. I still listen to that record at least once a week. Musically it's the best and lyrically it's so uplifting/inspiring. It's a damn shame Buddy is going to service dumb fans on the best record who are still hung up on cliche screamo :tear:

Maybe he can do a Bayonet full length on the side? Crossed fingers

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

$60 could get you some fineass records.

Is the more recent record really that cliche compared to Renacer? I preferred Renacer but they weren't that different to me.

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I definitely could use $60 bucks to help pay off a portion of all these records I been buying lately. I also pre-ordered the new Phoenix record and the Envy on the Coast EP this morning lol.

Also, I meant the new record Buddy is recording right now. He said it's going to sound like a record that would have come out between Let It Enold You and Still Searching... ugh..

Thorns was an alright record but overall it was underwhelming. I think it would have came out much better if Buddy wrote with his "band" members (they're essentially touring musicians) on it. Oh well.

21. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Nice, I've slowed down since record store day, and there's no records coming out I really want which is helpful.

Ahhhhh yes, that's right, It's not like he has that whole other Finch sideproject to jerk the nostalgia machine with. That's disappointing, but I do like those pop punk SF records.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh man.. Speak The Truth is so... mediocre. I honestly think Buddy just found a new love for his old songs and since it's what a majority of fans want (unfortunate as hell) anyways.. he's going back to that. I like old SF records in small bits but Renacer is the only record of Buddy's I love start to finish.

23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yeah, I really saw no point in listening to any STT song twice, haha

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Sometimes I listen to "Crash My Car" and then immediately ask myself why after? lol

Bryan Diem likes this.
  25. I need to hear that Bayonet EP, how old is it (2009 / 2010 ?) ? I don't remember if I gave it a listen at the time.