Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

He Is Legend Band • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Guitars are just aaaaawful. Also Keith is like, croaking, and it makes the vocals just uncomfortable to listen to. Important album for their transition tho.

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'll have to put the record on and listen closely sometime next week. Like I said; I don't think it's great production or even good but it works for me lol. I also grew to appreciate Big Dirty recently since I thought it was a weak follow up back in the day.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yeahhhhhhhh Big Dirty is a BEAST. Depressionista and Rebel Without a Cause are the only lows for me, everything else is monstrous. It would have worked as a ten track record sans those two tracks.

4. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Nice - will have to check that out as I love his voice.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That's funny you say that cause I love those two tracks lol. If Kieth recorded "Depressionista" today though, it would sound even better.

Also, I would say if I had to cut two; "werewolf" and "Buffalo Gals" for me. Never really liked those tracks.

Big Dirty is a beast for sure. Another record I came around to is From Parts Unknown.

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

We'rewolf is one of their most classic songs, bro. It rips live too.

FPU is my least favorite of their latest 4, I'd say, which is strange because that Kurt Ballou matchup should make it my fav.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I just don't think it's that great of a song. It's good but I think it's overrated. Maybe if I saw it performed live? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah FPU was my least favorite for a while but I been blasting it on rides and it's been really clicking with me. It's just so brutal, at the risk of sounding like a tool. It's not strong as a whole but it does have some of their best jams like "Moor" IMO.

8. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Moor is the best. And I was under the impression We'rewolf was at every show, have you seen them?

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I've seen them live but back in the old Gutter days. I been meaning to see them live and wish I didn't miss their last tour. I would go this Summer for their tour with TBS but man.. that band (TBS) is fucking awful live. I saw them at the When We Were Young festival a month ago and left 4 songs in. They need to get their shit together. It's mostly Adam's fault and bad mixing. I'll definitely catch a Fall tour if they come back to San Francisco.

Oh and you know what's another JAM off FPU? Exometrium. Jesus Christ that song rips. I feel like my face melts every time I blast that song haha.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

TBS is fun to see but they are pretty poor haha, but not poor enough to skip ETID dude. And yesssss. That's a highlight.

11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I'm really sad about the FPU the, the entire album rips so hard it's one of my top 5 metal albums ever period.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

You're sad about what?

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well I'd rather see them headline and play a longer set anyways but maybe I'll end up going to their Summer tour. I'm tempted..

14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Maybe see how long their setlist is for this tour and decide. A bad band is worth sitting through for them, at least.

15. sawhney[rusted]2

Oh, the FPU "dislike". Not actually sad, just see more negative things about the album than I'd ever think on this forum.

In other news, THIS ALBUM FUCKING GROOVES

16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I mean, I don't think anyone doesn't think it's great. It's just not as good as NJA, Ex-Lives, or Low Teens for me. Just some songs on the backhalf don't do much for me, like the Brian Fallon one and El Dorado.

17. sawhney[rusted]2

Oh man those two completely propel the album forward. The CRUSH. YOUR. ALL-LIESSSSSS into the outro of El Dorado is one of my favorite moments on the whole album.

That's what I think separates the album from the other ETID albums, it's just rife with moments like that.

Petit nain des Îles and nl5011 like this.
  18. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Yea el dorado and idiot have to be catalogue topping songs for me.

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

All their albums have epic moments, what do you mean?

20. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah they do, but I think Ballous production makes them hit way harder than the other albums, and also made Keith's voice sound better too. Also, I'm just a bigger fan of Mathy music so I gravitated towards FPU more than their southern tinged stuff. Either way, even with my bias, you really can't go wrong with any of their albums.

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

When Kieth screams "PAAAAARAAAALYYYYYZZZZEEEEEEE" in "Idiot"- I still get chills. Fucking boss.

"Old Light" and "El Dorado" are alright but I usually skip those tracks on FPU.

Bryan Diem and inwaves like this.
  22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Shinfo: I love the production on FPU and Low Teens.

23. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I think Low Teens is the best they've ever sounded.

24. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Also I prefer groovy ETID over their more spastic stuff, so El Dorado is one of their best songs imo.

25. sawhney[rusted]2

Beaufort might be my favorite thing on here, even when I'm paying attention to other things I gotta move and dance haha