Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

HBO Cancel ‘Vinyl’ • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 22, 2016.

1. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Excuse my ignorance, but how is it that a show gets renewed for a second season, then cancelled? Someone even cited The Brink as being renewed and cancelled within days of each other.

therookielot likes this.
  2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Ballers

therookielot likes this.
  3. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

I liked Vinyl, but every episode dragged on and on. So many shows being cancelled, I'm super stoked for Vice Principals though. Been needing some more Danny McBride in my life.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  4. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I was excited to check this show out, and then forgot about, lost interest after such a lukewarm reception. True Detective however, was one of my favorites, I didn't know they abandoned season 3, which is bad news to me ;p I hoped they could come back with something great, and actually, I did enjoy season 2, just not matching it with its predecessor.

therookielot likes this.
  5. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

I think The Brink got cancelled cause the director didnt want to do it anymore

6. bored6

Yeah but it's easier to take Ballers because it's Entourage for black people, it doesn't really have any ambitions to be anything other than that. Vinyl tried to be Sopranos/Mad Men-esque and failed completely.

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

You're right. Ballers doesn't aspire to be a "good" show, but it's definitely in the bottom 5-10 HBO shows ever.

8. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Kinda bummed, I knew it wasn't the "best" show but I fully enjoyed season 1.

9. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

show was so so awsome. horrid news