Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hayley Williams Talks ‘Flowers for Vaces’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Hayley Williams has called her new album more of a prequel:

This isn’t really a follow-up to Petals For Armor. If anything, it’s a prequel, or some sort of detour between parts 1 and 2 of Petals. The meaning of the album as a whole is maybe entirely different from diving into each song in particular,” says Williams. “For me, there’s no better way to tackle these individual subjects other than holistically. The ways I’ve been given time (forcibly, really) to stew on certain pains long enough to understand that they in fact, need to be released…indefinitely. I may never have been offered such a kindness; an opportunity to tend to the seeds I’d planted, to harvest, and to weed or prune what is no longer alive, in order to make space for the living. I wrote and performed this album in its entirety. That’s a career first for me. I recorded it at my home in Nashville, the home at which I’ve resided since Paramore released After Laughter. 2020 was really hard but I’m alive and so my job is to keep living and help others to do the same.

There’s also some new merch up for order, but no vinyl options yet.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Should this be Vases not Vaces?

stars143 likes this.
  3. somethingwitty

Trusted

Was this record recorded prior to Petals?

4. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Just got done listening and really enjoyed it