Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hayley Williams - Petals for Armor (May 8, 2020) Album • Page 39

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Drew Beringer, Jan 6, 2020.

1. azzy01

Regular

Could be a month off for one of the eps , maybe the next one will drop in April and then the last ep will drop in may? Could go either way tbh

2. Sybil

Regular

I'm a little confused. People are calling these "EPs" but they're the album released in parts, right?? All these tracks come together to make the album? Kind of like Nicole Dollanganger did with Heart-Shaped Bed (part 1, and then later released part 2)?

Is each "EP" going to be a similar length, so we're getting like 15-tracks on the album total?

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What??? I was not prepared for this. For like the first minute minute I was so confused listening to Cinnamon and then by the end of the song I was speechless.

Mary V likes this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Also this rollout reminds me a lot of Kevin Abstract’s last year and I actually really liked it, because you get to really digest each piece of the album and watch it come together. I’m pretty sure the 3rd “ep” or piece will just be the whole album drop, rather than a separate release.

beachdude, Mary V, Omni and 2 others like this.
  5. Bane

The spiciest meme

yea I also think the final part will be the album in full but we'll see

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Exactly the album that I've been thinking of with this rollout

7. Omni

Regular

there are a few different parallels actually

similar rollouts
    both solo albums by the frontman/frontwoman of a band
    both still worked with members of their bands on their albums

irthesteve likes this.
  8. RyanRyan

Obviously in the minority here but I’m super disappointed with these songs. I’m so happy she’s in a better place and what these songs represent as her personal therapy, but I really just do not ‘get’ any of them bar Leave It Alone.

It’s kind of frustrating because I really wanted her to do something super weird and out there, and here it is, it’s weird. But not the kind I enjoy I guess. Listened a few times and it isn’t clicking. Ah well. Hopefully she does some cool small tours with this and fans can see her in more personal, intimate settings.

TEGCRocco likes this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'll keep up with the videos if she keeps making them but if she doesn't I don't think I'm gonna listen to anything else until the full album is out. I actually hated the rollout of that Kevin Abstract album lol

10. Yeah it's possible she'll stagger the rollout just enough to make sure the last piece of the trilogy is released to coincide with the full album drop in May, and if she goes that route then PFA II arrives in mid-March or something. Those are the two most likely outcomes, I reckon.

11. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

The idea of possibly getting 10 more songs is so cool

beachdude and Aregala like this.
  12. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

wow this is so much more than i expected

13. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Man, these songs are so intense. The brutal honesty is very refreshing. Musically, it's quite different, but this feels a bit like what Sujan did with Carrie and Lowell. Just putting everything out there, even the ugly stuff.

14. vg11

ionnalee and her fans are accusing hayley of plagiarism

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  15. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Uh-oh.

16. Yeah I noticed the similarity back when Simmer came out but didn't think it would get this far. Her creative team needs to answer for that.

17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

whom

18. Bane

The spiciest meme

Daaaaaaamn that's unfortunate. But yea I can't imagine Hayley herself would actually knowingly do that, or at least you would hope not.

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Wait what? There's an EP out? lol

RyanPm40 and RyanRyan like this.
  20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

That video side-by-side comparison seems pretty bad

wrenleslie, FTank, earthlight and 2 others like this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The first one is like well.. metamorphosis isn’t really a unique concept but the 2nd is hard to deny. I'd imagine we'll get some response from Hayley

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That being said I am floored by the dance at the end of Cinnamon and it has me realizing how bad I want a Hayley tour with back up dancers and choreography and alllll that. Never even occurred to me and it's now all I want.

23. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

called it

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This is so unbelievably incredible I never doubted it would be good but once again Hayley has surpassed my high expectations

25. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Honestly might like Leave It Alone even more than Simmer at this point