Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hayley Williams - Petals for Armor (May 8, 2020) Album • Page 38

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Drew Beringer, Jan 6, 2020.

1. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

PO'd the box set on the strength of Simmer & AL, going in on the 5 songs now. HYPED.

2. Bane

The spiciest meme

Fuck this is awesome, Sudden Desire goes offfffff

3. Bane

The spiciest meme

After listening through it in full twice I decided I have to get the box set lol

4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Sudden Desire has very strong Paramore-performing-Ignorance-with-the-megaphone energy

Liz, Mary V, SteveLikesMusic and 2 others like this.
  5. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Feel like this might take a few listens before I can be sure of how I feel towards the EP. I know I like Simmer and Sudden Desire, but the rest I'm unsure of. Going from Simmer to Leave it Alone is a little jarring. Not digging Cinnamon at all. Creepin' is an interesting one. I really like how it starts, but then it gets going and throws me off, but the rest of the song is growing on me.

6. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

So, I loved Simmer, but then was a bit apprehensive after hearing Leave It Alone because it didn't click with me at all. Then she drops the rest of this EP and holy shit, it's SO GOOD. Love the rest of these, especially Cinnamon and Sudden Desire. Liking 4/5 of the tracks pushed me to get the box set. Can't wait to hear the rest of this! B-)

7. shea

RIP Supporter

shocked i was able to get that box set after missing it by like 4 hours...then i saw it's /10,000..lol.

i'm on strict orders to not frivolously spend money but if i play it off like a surprise for my wife in 3 months when it shows up she won't yell at me..

8. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Hahahaha, LOL at your last comment :crylaugh:

Yeah, 10,000 is a lot, but I wouldn't be surprised if all of these sell out. And even if they don't, I'm happy there'll be enough to go around. I'm still betting on them selling out though.

shea likes this.
  9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Really into Cinnamon and the music video. I think the themes she's exploring here are really well done and I love all the visuals so far. I kind of hope she has a video for every song. Really excited to see where else she goes.

10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Sudden desire really friggin slaps

MegT585, Omni and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Cinnamon didn't do much for me the first play through, but I felt the same way about Leave It Alone and now its growing on me. I'll have to sit down and give this whole EP a good front-to-back listen

Simmer remains stuck in my head for days now lol

13. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

If any of y’all want the shirt/hoodie/poster for $3.50 cheaper, just click “merch” on her website

a new rule that billboard implemented is that if you’re selling something with a digital album included, you have to sell that same item without the digital item for at least $3.50 cheaper. it’s just a bit hidden, but this applies to everyone

SPine, surgerone, irthesteve and 3 others like this.
  14. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Hayley played guitar, keys, and some drums on Cinnamon.

Omni, beachdude and Aregala like this.
  15. Dog Fish

Mutt

10k is the new "very limited" didn't you know?

16. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Dang, Creepin and Sudden Desire are seriously great. I might like them more than Simmer

Cinnamon is the only song I still can't get into but I'm ok with that

17. preordered the box set, will listen to the EP soon. I love this rollout!

18. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Wish that acapella part in the video was in the official version of the song.

Also, Apple Music description confirms the 3 EP rollout.

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 6.33.29 PM.png

bradsonemanband and Aregala like this.
  19. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

At first I really thought I didn’t vibe with this project which was super disappointing. But I’ve listened to it a couple times now as a whole and man I love it now.

20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

she a genius

MegT585, Omni, Mary V and 1 other person like this.
  21. shea

RIP Supporter

Man, Sudden Desire, huh?

This rules.

22. Called it! There won't be anything brand new on the record by the sounds of things since all three parts will probably have dropped by April with the physical album in May, but I'm OK with this as it essentially means we get the album a whole month early!

surgerone, Omni and ramres like this.
  23. Mary V Feb 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 6, 2020)
    I've been dealing with triggers about my ex lately, and like the albums Melodrama and Young Enough, Hayley's songs are arriving just when I need them. Can't begin to explain how empowering it is to see her angry, vulnerable and reclaiming her sense of self.

24. Just finished the EP, and this is definitely going to be an intense experience (the other EPs representing different emotions notwithstanding). I can't say I'm head over heels with just one listen for the whole EP but it's because I feel like I've only scratched the surface with one listen. The beat in Cinnamon is bonkers and Sudden Desire is like 90s throwback pop but dark. I feel like I'm going to have these songs on repeat quite a bit.