Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hayley Williams on Mental Health

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 30, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Hayley Williams of Paramore, writing for Paper Magazine:

I woke up from that crash with one less bandmate… another fight about money and who wrote what songs. And I had a wedding ring on, despite breaking off the engagement only months before. A lot happened within a short time. But then I didn’t eat, I didn’t sleep, I didn’t laugh… for a long time. I’m still hesitant to call it depression. Mostly out of fear people will put it in a headline, as if depression is unique and interesting and deserves a click. Psychology is interesting. Depression is torment.

We wrote and wrote and I never liked what I put to the music Taylor sent me. His stuff sounded inspired. My parts sounded, to me, like someone dead in the eyes.

This is really great and worth the read.

2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Great read.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

I just wanna find hayley and give her a big hug

4. zmtr

Trusted

"Psychology is interesting. Depression is torment."

Love that quote.

5. Tylar

This was really nice

6. The Format

Regular

Haley is great. Awareness is important.

7. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

we're close to the same age and tho we don't have the same problems, i feel like we both have that quarter life crisis where we're just lost. i love hayley so much and love how open she is with her struggles.. everybody needs a taylor + zac to help them a lil

sebastianrcgr likes this.
  8. moosic

Hear hear!

She’s legend status and I hope we get more music from paramore for decades to come.