Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hayley Williams and Chad Gilbert Release Joint Statement

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Hayley Williams and Chad Gilbert have released a joint statement announcing they are “splitting up” on Instagram.

2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I usually couldn't care less about the celebrity dating stuff but this one has got me depressed.

marceting likes this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

She was very young when they got together so I can't imagine how hard this is for her. Hope she's happy and well just chilling and sipping on some Lemonade or smthg

Robk, SamLevi11, skogsraet and 6 others like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

She was like 18 and he was like 26 when they got together so I have mixed feelings

Also obligatory he picked his friends over her

5. ale5875

Regular

More like he picked her friends over her.

Raku, Brent and xthisislove like this.
  6. Chris Lei

couldn't be happier for hayley getting out of this relationship. with the behind the brand interview, beats one interview, and the recent fader article, i hope we start to see a happier and healthy hayley.

7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I just hope this allows her to better heal emotionally.

8. Chris Lei

i see what you did there

9. ARo24

Regular

Dam that's a bummer. They seemed perfect together.

10. CMilliken

Trusted

Was actually wondering about these guys the other day. Bummer. Not sure what happened but gotta do what's best for them.

11. I echo the hopes that Hayley's happiness improves after this, although I do hope it wasn't a huge cause of it in the first place.

EDIT: Also just wanted to say that my heart goes out to both of them, not just Hayley, but her pain was fresh on my mind from After Laughter.

12. Never have the words in times like this. I know when I've gone through similar in the past, words from people don't really help anyway, and all I ever really wanted was a knowing head nod. Just a "yep, you're in my thoughts" move.

So, *head nod.*

13. Kiana Jul 1, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2017)
    Kiana

There was def a power imbalance with their ages

Brent and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  14. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Splits are never easy, no matter how much time is shared.

15. xthisislove

Regular

Not to stir the pot but weren't all the rumors back when they started dating that he was cheating or left his then wife for her? Doesn't have the best track record with marriages

Brent, aniafc and ale5875 like this.
  16. degausser

You are correct. He was married to Sherri DuPree of Eisley, met Hayley on Warped the summer they got married, then divorced Sherri later that year.

I have to say - I have a lot of empathy for Hayley. No one wants to be pitied but that Fader interview was so cathartic. I hope the best for her.

fenway89 likes this.
  17. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

At least that also resulted in Sherri getting together with Max Bemis and them having the cutest family ever

18. AllenRicketts

Regular

Or you could not take agency away from an adult. That's not at all condescending and diminutive.

emeryk3 and Mister Lyrical like this.
  19. Kiana

I don't know what their relationship was like. But when one is barely an adult and the other is nearly ten years older, espesh when the older one is a man, it changes the dynamic.

20. gbuffers

England.

Sad news. I had a feeling this was coming in recent weeks following both of them but a marriage breaking up is generally always deeply saddening. There was also a time when they were both seemingly very happy and hopefully the break up will mean they both go on to have healthier, happier lives.

Both cool people, together and apart.

21. gbuffers

England.

As you admittedly don't know what their relationship was like surely that means it POTENTIALLY changes the dynamic?

I don't think needless speculation helps anyone. It's a sad situation.

Raku and emeryk3 like this.
  22. JM95

Trusted

True.

But when they've been together for ten years after that and then split without revealing their reasons, it's inappropriate to start making comments about power imbalances.

23. Kiana Jul 1, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2017)
    Kiana

I guess I don't see power that way. To me that dynamic is always off in that situation. Doesn't mean they weren't happy or whatever, or that I see Hayley as some sort of helpless victim

CoffeeEyes17 and ComedownMachine like this.
  24. gbuffers

England.

No worries. Very difficult not to project things onto others' relationships and to think otherwise, I suppose, if your view is formed from personal experience.

Raku likes this.
  25. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Welcome to the (soon to be) divorced club, Hayley. It gets better.

Raku likes this.