Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hayley Williams – “Simmer” Video • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 22, 2020.

1. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

This song is breathtakingly beautiful.

2. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Goddamn is this song good. Love the groove and hayleys vocals reminds me of Alanis a bit

laraheart likes this.
  3. somethingwitty

Trusted

Is it though? I met my partner when I was 19 and he was 26. Granted, he wasn't married, but I don't see where the issue is? Did Hayley not know he was married?

4. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

The issue is that she was a minor, about to turn 18, and he was a married adult man pursuing her. I’m glad it worked out for you and your partner, but there is usually an inherent power imbalance in couples with large age differences, especially when one is a man with considerable influence and a noted history of using his position to be weird to girls/women.

5. somethingwitty

Trusted

Ok, didn't realize she was a minor in the situation...thats 100000% not ok!

6. personalmaps

If I’m remembering correctly, they were like flirtatiously involved and then when she turned 18, he made a serious move. Even if she had been 18 when it started, there are a lot of statistics on how teens dating older men can lead to low self esteem due to low relationship power, IPV, emotional manipulation/abuse, and worse sexual health choices. It’s not always like that’s, of course, but it’s statistically likely, so I feel that in a scene where grown men in bands are constantly exhibiting this behavior, we should all be wary when we see it, even if a rosy picture is being painted.

Mary V, Joe4th and tyramail like this.
  7. VCargo08

I mean, i think the implication by the questions was that they actually didn't know what had happened at all. Not everyone follows the personal lives of the artists they like.

Everyone is so quick to get snippy around here.

8. personalmaps

Very sorry that you consider a general sadness surrounding our culture, WITH a caveat that it’s not pointed at anyone here, as “snippy.”

9. thecobrakais

Regular

[​IMG]

10. VCargo08

Then what were you even responding to? No one was defending him. No one was questioning whether or not he was a shitty person. You quoted someone who said "why is he shitty? I'm not caught up" and replied with "how much does it suck that we live in a society where you have to ask this question....not that i'm saying 'you' you."

No one is making the claim you're arguing against. So if it's not targeted at OP, you're just shouting into the void.

zachmacD likes this.
  11. personalmaps

Ain’t we all

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. laraheart

Some of us are victims and talking about bad people makes us a little edgy. Sorry to inconvenience you. I think it's called trauma.

13. VCargo08

Yeah that's not what happened here, but pulling the 'trauma' card is pretty creative. Suppose that's always a get out of jail free move, especially on this site.

A response worthy of the argument you were having with yourself in the first place. Can we just fire off some dumbass gif and call it a day?

14. [​IMG]

I’ll do it.

Serh, K0ta, personalmaps and 4 others like this.
  15. thecobrakais

Regular

[​IMG]