Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hawthorne Heights Band • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by The Black Parade, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Mcrx

Regular

Hey all!
    Can't remember if I've posted in here or not, but I was listening to HH again (Silence in Black and White) just now. Here's my mini bio.
    I guess you could say I'm a one-album-fan. A friend introduced me to some songs off SIBAW (like the first few and Ohio) circa 2005, and I listened to those few for years. Loved them! Then, when the 10 year anniversary came out, I finally got the album (bonus tracks too. woohoo!) This is, without a doubt, one of my most favorite albums for the reason that I can just let it play and listen to the whole thing. Admittedly though, this makes it hard to remember song titles...and I often confuse lyrics of one song with another (they have a lot of similar lyrics). But I know for a fact that I love Ohio is For Lovers...and upon listening again today, I can say with certainty that I love every song that comes after Ohio. I also Like the first 3 tracks too...first 4 actually (think the first 3 were in those first few I heard). While I enjoy the beginning/verse part of this song, I'm not particularly a fan of the chorus of Silver Bullet...but I definitely remember the name of that song! :P So, guess I'm just saying hey! Also, was sad to find out about the screamer, what was his name? Yeah, so since I've not heard anything past SIBAW, I don't know what the band is like without him...perhaps that's why I didn't continue on with the discography. Of course there's also the fact that there's just so very much music out there, I tend to stay stuck with the familiar, basically 90s bands and early 2000s.

Peace!
    (yeah, I sometimes write long intro posts lol)

The Black Parade likes this.
  2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Highly recommend you check out the albums HURT and Bad Frequencies!

but yeah TSIBW is a classic I love it. I’ve had life on standby (the first song) in my head for weeks since I saw them play this album in full two weeks ago

Mcrx likes this.
  3. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I’d say that the second album is very much an extension of the first. A lot of their fan base loves both of those records. The second one was a big enough album for them that they did a 10 year tour cycle for it as well.

Mcrx and The Black Parade like this.
  4. BTDandFeelingThis

It’s also my favorite album of theirs, and one of my top favorite albums period

Mcrx likes this.
  5. BTDandFeelingThis

[​IMG]

Mcrx and neighborhoods like this.
  6. Mcrx

Regular

Ha! that's awesome you got to see them. I laugh though because i frequently get life on standby in my head. I actually skipped the first two tracks when listening the other day. lol

edit: wait! I don't see hurt on the wiki discography. if you like the second one so much, why didn't you mention it? (just curious. did you forget or think I should try the others first?)

7. BTDandFeelingThis

I assumed you’d heard it. DEFINITELY check IOYWL it’s my favorite.

HURT is an 8 track EP by them and it’s awesome, so it’s probably in their EPs on wiki

8. Mcrx

Regular

@The Black Parade No, I'm a one album fan at the moment, BUT

I actually did start to listen to IOYWL today (first two tracks). It does sound a lot similiar to the first album like @withchappedlips said. I had to stop though because I needed something a little more cheery today. This is comforting in dark times though or just...i don't know. I'm weird! because now I've got Niki FM in my head. lol

as for HURT, ok. It probably is in the EP section then...er or i dunno. I still haven't found it yet...oh ok. found it. came out in 2015, so it's more recent. (God I feel old saying that! lol Sigh! To be back in 2005! :) )

9. BTDandFeelingThis

10. The Black Parade likes this.
  11. BTDandFeelingThis

12. Not sure but it does look like what we call "Lotto" over here, or perhaps I'm just misremembering both games

13. BTDandFeelingThis

It’s similar I think. But this is an emo themed version of the game.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  14. Mcrx

Regular

So, finally getting around to this...a bit. so far, just this one. Kinda disappointed it was so "short". It was good!
    Maybe tomorrow I'll get to more. :)

15. BTDandFeelingThis

Love this song! I think you’ll like the rest of the album

Mcrx likes this.
  16. Mcrx

Regular

Well, I did it! Listened to Bad Frequencies tonight. Funny, I didn't feel the same about the title track. It's not bad, it just doesn't really develop as much as I would have liked and lots of repetition.

I liked the first half, but it sounds so different to TSIBAW. Then, well I can't recall names atm, but there are a few after BF that remind me more of the other album. Funny how i was missing that sound, but those werent like my faves on the album. Then the style changes again. I really wish i remembered the track names now, but i listened to a different album after, so that's on the brain. Lol

17. BTDandFeelingThis

So overal you did like the album?

Mcrx likes this.
  18. Mcrx

Regular

Yeah, I'd definitely listen to it again. :)

19. Mcrx

Regular

20. BTDandFeelingThis

They’ve been awesome, the third one is tonight’s. Sounds great, and they’ve played very diverse set lists every night.

Mcrx likes this.
  21. Mcrx

Regular

Wait, I forget how many they were gonna have. Was it 3 or more? Also awesome. Was hoping you'd share more, but maybe it's a cool secret show ;) (or you just don't ramble on like I do. Lol)

22. BTDandFeelingThis

Hahah sorry. Yeah the shows have been great, the production was good and they’ve done basically different set lists each night. They also did games with prizes through the nights which is always fun.
    Was supposed to be 3 shows but the one last night was postponed due to an undisclosed safety scare until October 30th and will now be a Halloween themed stream

Mcrx likes this.
  23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yooo the bayside/senses fail tour should be dope.

Also, I think it’s confirmed that Fragile Future is my favorite HH album. Is that weird?

Mcrx, anonimito and The Black Parade like this.
  24. BTDandFeelingThis

That is a hot take but one that is ok in my book

anonimito and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  25. Mcrx

Regular

No chatter on the newest songs? I still need to hear the one from today. Ummm...

Oh here are both