Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hawthorne Heights/Listener/Hotel Books Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by alexmacwilliam, Feb 13, 2018.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

lol tickets are 20 dollars before fees here too, which is more expensive than most shows at this venue that this band won't half sell out

2. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Just found out I won’t be able to make the Portland date. If anyone is interested but hasn’t bought a ticket yet, I’d be willing to give it to you for cheap.

Message me if interested!

3. musicfan10

Trusted

How popular are they?

4. PEZ experiment

I couldn't wait for the summer and the warped tour

Going to this tour tonight in San Francisco! I'm looking forward to seeing Sienna Skies opening

5. red8ge

Regular

what a weird show. JT looked extremely dead inside

6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

out of curiosity, how was the turnout for your date? this tour looked DOA so i'm curious if people actually showed up.

7. red8ge

Regular

honestly, for a show in SF the attendance was way better than i figured but it was still maybe 200 in an 800 capacity room lol

cwhit and swboyd like this.
  8. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Heads up SoCal folks, looks like HH is playing a free show in Fullerton next month

9. musicfan10

Trusted

Do they put on a good show? They coming to my town and it’s cheap

10. johnnyferris Jun 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 26, 2018)
    johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Went to this tour in Anaheim. My dad tagged along too. He’s always been into them since taking me to see them in June of 2007 with FFTL, Powerspace, and Secondhand Serenade.

I’ll try and hit up the Slidebar show!

11. oldboot

Regular

Wow, I remember that tour. Aaaand now I feel old as fuck

12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Crazy.

I met Casey and the rest of the band after the show and then he was dead five months after that. Heartbreaking time. Might have been FFTL’s first tour without Sonny

13. musicfan10

Trusted

Are they worth seeing now?

14. red8ge

Regular

uhhh i dunno, if you want to see the hits sure why not but they look like they're just phoning it in. i did not pay money to see them and i don't think i ever would

15. musicfan10

Trusted

So no energy at the shows?

16. sam_might_say

I think nowadays they’re sort of a hit or miss band. They were great when I saw them at Warped last year, but I’ve also heard that sometimes they aren’t at their best

17. zachmacD

Trusted

weren't they on the main stage last year?

18. red8ge

Regular

warped tour is kind of the perfect environment to see them in. a 16 song set, not so much.

also they did a cover of bush's glycerine which struck me as really odd. like that's the choice? why not like, weezer or something bro

19. sam_might_say

Correct. Journeys Left Foot

20. zachmacD

Trusted

it blows my mind that they were booked on one of the main stages for the whole summer last year but Senses Fail isn't this year.

21. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Well last year's lineup was terrible and had very few big bands. That's how Hawthorne Heights, Jule Vera and CKY ended up on the main stage.

22. sam_might_say

The reason why HH was main stage is because 2017 was a weird year, and a lot of bands that aren’t big enough to hold down main stages played those stages (Goldfinger, CKY, Jule Vera, Save Ferris, etc.). Hawthorne Heights is definitely one of those type of bands. They actually played a side stage on Warped in 2013, and they haven’t really gained much popularity between those 4 years.

They actually drew well last year. Of course, I think the reason why is that HH is one of those bands that someone at Warped or any other Fest would watch for nostalgia purposes, and isn’t a big enough of a fan to put in the effort to see a headlining show. I mean, at least that’s my two cents as to why a band that plays small 200-800 capacity clubs would play main stage.

That being said, I too am really surprised that Senses Fail isn’t main stage this year for Warped. They’re getting HUGE crowds, and while they have a few heavy songs, I don’t think they’re heavy enough to be on a Monster/Mutant stage.

23. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

The new HH album was great. I hope the set is pretty heavy on that material, but I know it'll probably just be fan favorites + 2 or 3 new songs.

24. sam_might_say

Yeah the new album was really good!

Here’s a recent setlist

25. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I dig that set. I do have to give the band credit. For such a nostalgia driven act, they do mix up what old songs they play at least. I've seen them 5 times over the years, and every time I've seen at least one song from the first 2 albums for the first time. Ohio and Niki seem like the only guarantees.