Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hawthorne Heights/Listener/Hotel Books Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by alexmacwilliam, Feb 13, 2018.

1. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

Stoked to see Listener again. Very weird tour, but cool!

Attached Files:

2. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Can't believe this is at the Hawthorne. It's most likely going to sell terribly and should be at the Analog. I'l go regardless though.

tyramail likes this.
  3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

are you saying it's going to set the Hawthorne lows?

im funny

4. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I don’t care how poorly it sells, any excuse not to play at the Analog is a good one. I’m happy for them!

Although for real, who in the world put this northwest routing together? This is some of the most impractical backtracking I’ve ever seen.

5. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

upload_2018-2-13_15-57-18.png

Yes, that PNW routing is a bit silly. Had to look it up for myself!

6. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Haha, yeah sorry to bring it up in two threads, but as a guy who lives around here...

I mean, I’m glad they’re even coming up here and playing as many places as they are! Just like to think they could make it easier on themselves. But hey - maybe they genuinely couldn’t...

7. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

What's so bad about the Analog? It's a pretty great venue for smaller shows.

8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Eh. The upstairs sucks because you can’t bring drinks up, plus you can barely see the stage. The downstairs sucks because it gets so ridiculously jammed.

GEM37 likes this.
  9. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Ah I can see why that's annyoing, but it makes sense considering it's the only venue of its size that's all ages. They aren't catering to the crowd that drinks at every show they go to. The Doug Fir and Mississippi Studios already serve those crowds when it comes to similar sized venues.

It's very important that Portland keeps a venue of that size that is all ages because Portland has had issues keeping a smaller all ages venue open for any length of time since the Satyricon shut down. I am very happy the Analog started hosting more shows a few years ago because without the venue a lot of tours would skip Portland or play a half empty Hawthorne that costs a lot more for bands to book. The venue is blessing for the local music scene regardless of its policies. One thing I love about the Analog is that they allow reentry. Makes sitting through an entire show much easier.

TJ Wells likes this.
  10. TJ Wells Feb 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 14, 2018)
    TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I just find it weird because I have seen shows up there where they do serve alcohol upstairs. I never really understood why Oregon’s liquor laws are so strict and also random.

Edit: not weird, I know how it works. Just annoying.

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

They have a great staff though. Very friendly.

12. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I hear you on all of those points, but that also doesn't change the fact that it's cramped, stuffy, and not optimal for actually seeing a band perform. I primarily see shows in the Seattle area, driving down to Portland if there's some sort of conflict with the Seattle date of that tour, and nine times out of ten, I always end up seeing that band at the Analog! I'm kinda tired of going there...

Also, at the end of the day, it's Hawthorne at the Hawthorne. That's too good to pass up!

13. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I will echo this sentiment! I remember when I was living in L.A. a couple years ago, I took a trip back up to the northwest and caught a show at the Analog on what turned out to be the hottest damn day of the year. I bought three bottles of water and was going to drink them outside when the bouncer reminded me that I couldn't do that. I was really rude to him, but he let me keep the bottles at his desk and apologized to me when I got back for the trouble. That's when I remembered what it was like to be back in this part of the country - the fucking bouncer apologizes to you.

14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

That's cool, although weird. You can't bring water bottles outside? I bring drinks out with me all the time.

15. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Something about I could have potentially replaced the water with vodka or the like. Guy acknowledged it was unlikely.

16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Ahh, that (kind of) makes sense.

17. young&menace

Curious to see how this tour sells. Kind of wished they picked better openers but oh well.

18. red8ge

Regular

it's a very weird bill in that i don't think the openers are going to do anything for HH and i don't think opening for HH will do anything for themselves

i even like a lot of HH's later material but they seem like damaged goods at this point in their career

young&menace likes this.
  19. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Well not with that attitude

GEM37 likes this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Why is Listener playing with Hawthorne Heights lol

21. Darth Annihilus

Regular

The one time I saw them with '68 they were great fun, but they don't fit with Hawthorne Heights at all.

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I can’t believe any of you are complaining about an opportunity to see Listener.

23. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I'm not complaining but unfortunately this tour doesn't come to me in FL, so I don't have an opportunity to see Listener :(

24. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Man, I miss Satyricon. There and The Meow Meow were my favorite.

koryoreo likes this.
  25. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Definitely. The Satyricon is where I saw most of my favorite bands for the first time and was a great all ages venue though it technically was a shithole. I never went to the Meow Meow until it was rebranded as Branx years later after the Satyricon closed down, but loved that venue. Had the perfect layout and same management as Satyricon.