Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hawthorne Heights - Bad Frequencies (April 27, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by The Black Parade, Apr 24, 2018.

1. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Got my preorder copy today. This is REALLY good, they’re firing on all cylinders with this album

2. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I will never understand why people make negative posts in threads for bands they obviously aren't fans of

@CoffeeEyes17

fenway89, Nate_Johnson and skurt like this.
  3. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

troll2
    trōl/
    verb
    gerund or present participle: trolling
    1. 1.
      make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

Nate_Johnson and bachna84 like this.
  4. bachna84

I guess the thing about music is that it's very subjective and not everything is for everyone and that's ok!

Insinuating that something that someone else enjoys that you don't enjoy must be a "guilty pleasure" is a bit condescending.

5. skurt

These guys are passionate and make the music they want to make, not try to emulate what the current trend is. I have always respected them for that and the 4 pre-release tracks are fantastic.

Nate_Johnson and bachna84 like this.
  6. bachna84

Anyway...I'm looking forward to listening to the full album! By now I'm pretty familiar with the 4 songs that have already been released and I think they're all pretty solid.

7. skurt

I want Friday to come now.

JediMasterKevo182 likes this.
  8. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

i mean, i made it a point to say i wasnt trying to stir the pot and was just curious. i legitimately dont get it and ive given them an honest shot! didnt intend to be condescending when i asked if they were a guilty pleasure, some people just have guilty pleasure music and i was just wondering if this was that band for some people.
    wasnt really trolling and it is subjective! not sure why youre being so hostile over a pretty innocuous post

Dirty Sanchez and Joe4th like this.
  9. bachna84

Not being hostile at all.

You're the one who came into the thread to stir things up and I called you out on it. If you don't like getting called out, maybe think twice before doing it next time?

fenway89 likes this.
  10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Seemed like an honest attempt at a discussion to me. @JediMasterKevo182 seemed to understand that and gave a pretty candid, detailed answer. Don't know what the problem is.

11. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

i was legitimately just asking out of curiousity? @JediMasterKevo182 didnt seem to have any issue with it and gave a pretty good answer. its not rly a big deal or anything its just weird that youre trying to be the hero of the HH thread when i was just looking for a discussion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dirty Sanchez, Joe4th and Anthony_ like this.
  12. bachna84

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

@JediMasterKevo182 is there less forced screaming on the record? And how is the production?

JediMasterKevo182 likes this.
  14. BTDandFeelingThis

Production: Great!
    Screaming: I never found it ‘forced’ but it’s much more balanced in this one. There is screaming on some tracks, but it’s not in every chorus of every song if that makes sense.

15. there isn't much screaming but it's better than the last few albums

this is easily their best album ever and it's so catchy without being pandering

teebs41 and JediMasterKevo182 like this.
  16. BTDandFeelingThis

Having listen to it now, I may agree with you!

IOYWL is my favorite but if I factor out nostalgia, this could take it

Nate_Johnson and teebs41 like this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Thats basically what’s I was wondering. Sometimes it felt like they screamed just be they felt like they had to. I’m not a huge fan but some of the comments/rumblings have me decently excited for the album!

18. BTDandFeelingThis

@Drew Beringer will you be reviewing it? Or anyone that you know of be reviewing it?

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Likewise

JediMasterKevo182 and teebs41 like this.
  20. BTDandFeelingThis

Best stretch on the album is from In Gloom Through Pills.

Title track is a ripper

Nate_Johnson, bachna84 and skurt like this.
  21. skurt

QFFT

So Good

22. bachna84

Ok, so some of my thoughts after my first listen:

The opener (In Gloom) surprised me a bit! I thought that around the one minute mark it was going to transition into Pink Hearts and I was a bit surprised when it kept going and it was actually a full song! Nice start to the album.

Pink Hearts is obviously one of the tracks that I've heard multiple times. I like the song, but out of the 4 songs that had been released prior to the album coming out, I still feel like this is the weakest one. Not really sure why they made this one of their first singles. Not a bad song, but probably toward the lower end of the album for me.

The screaming on this album is really well done and compliments the songs well.

Just Another Ghost and Push Me Away are two of my favorite tracks on the record (I like heavy HH!) and the other heavy song that stands out is the title track. I was getting a bit of an AFI vibe at the beginning and then the song turned into something else about halfway through. Definitely a standout there.

Starlighter (Echo, Utah) is probably the catchiest track on the record and one of their catchiest tracks period.

The other standout track to me on first listen is The Perfect Way to Fall Apart. Another super catchy track.

I need to spend more time with the album (and I will!) to form better thoughts on the rest of the tracks. There was not one single track on the album that "overstayed its welcome" or that I considered a bad song though.

Also, I'll have to listen to the album version of Push Me Away and the version of Push Me Away that I've been listening to the past few months back-to-back. Honestly, I didn't pick up much of a difference, but again, I've only listened to the album once through.

If nothing else, this pre-order made me dust off my discman ;) It still works!

skurt and JediMasterKevo182 like this.
  23. bachna84

Also, I kind of wish that they'd released less songs prior to the album's release. It didn't take away from my first listen experience really, but I went into the album knowing 4 of the 13 songs and it'd have been nice if it was more like 2 of the 13 songs. Having said that...I realize that nobody is making me listen to the songs when they come out!

I would've gone with one of their heavier tracks and one of the catchier tracks. My picks would have been either Push Me Away or Just Another Ghost and then Starlighter (Echo, Utah). Since Push Me Away had been out for awhile, that probably factored in to their decision to release Just Another Ghost early I guess.

skurt and JediMasterKevo182 like this.
  24. I haven't listened to these guys in years but the 4 songs sound good.