Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hawthorne Heights Auctioning Off Songs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Hawthorne Heights will be performing a free Facebook concert made up of songs fans can pick by purchasing a dedication.

We will take all the songs purchased and create a set list which will be performed over Facebook Live for everyone to see. The show will be FREE. All net profits from the sales of the songs in the set list will be donated to the Ohio NAACP. We will play as many sets as it takes to fulfill all the songs, because we want to help as much as possible.

The concert will take place on June 18th at 5:30pm PT.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Very cool fundraiser idea, very great cause.

anonimito likes this.
  3. BTDandFeelingThis

anonimito and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  4. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

Very cool idea. Not a fan of the band, but would be cool to see other bands do this.

Wondering if the multiple sets part is their way of handling people picking the same songs repeatedly since there is no system in place for a song inventory. Sounds like each purchase gets you a song dedication in the set?

anonimito and The Black Parade like this.
  5. BTDandFeelingThis

Each purchase you basically attach a note which song you want, who it’s dedicated to etc. I believe the multiple sets will be for the sheer amount of songs they’ll probably be asked to play. No clue how they’ll handle multiple requests/dedications, because you’ll have like 200 Ohio is for lovers dedications lol

it’s a very cool idea, and a great cause I’m happy they’re doing it.

6. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

Haha yea, that's exactly what I was thinking, they'll have a ridiculous amount of requests for a couple particular songs, and then I would assume enough other requests for a full set or two.

7. BTDandFeelingThis

My assumption/hope is they read all the dedications and then play the song once. I like the song but I don’t want to hear Ohio is for Lovers 200+ times in the same set lol

anonimito and Evolution Kid like this.
  8. ARo24

Regular

This is really cool. I haven’t listened to them since I was a teenager but I give them credit for coming up with the idea.

9. BTDandFeelingThis

I did 4 songs for this. Makes me happy to support such a great cause in my home state

Evolution Kid and anonimito like this.
  10. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Very cool idea, would love to see other bands give this a shot.

11. BTDandFeelingThis

To date they have sold 60 individual songs, not counting duplicates. Per the band on FB live

anonimito likes this.