Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hawthorne Heights Announce Anniversary Edition of ‘If Only You Were Lonely’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Hawthorne Heights has announced If Only You Were Lonely XV, a reimagined and re-recorded revisit of their second album for its 15th anniversary.

Join us on an emotional trip back to 2006, while we modernize these fan favorites. Throughout the recording process, we did a deep dive into these songs to try and breathe new life while being careful to keep their original integrity. Grab your favorite pair of headphones and be prepared for the flood of memories to take you back.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Stoked for this. This was an album that didn’t click for me right away and when it finally did, I was in it. Interested to see what they’ll do with it.

anonimito and The Black Parade like this.
  3. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

They are playing the album in full album on a livestream too, you get a ticket with preorder

anonimito likes this.
  4. LightsOut

Regular

Should have done with the first album

The Black Parade likes this.
  5. BTDandFeelingThis

First and FF both could use it

6. SFguitar

Regular

This whole album is catchy as hell. Everything they've released since has been super bland though. Did they replace Casey's screams for this? That can't be good.

7. mrenkens007

Surprise, Surprise Prestigious

It's a negative take but... I feel like this band has lived and breathed inside of their first two records for the past 6 years. They're not the first or the last to do re-imaginings of older material, this I know, but I feel like I see them retread on this record or Silence every year. It's just a tad monotonous.

8. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

Super excited to give the re-recording a listen. I definitely would have snagged a vinyl copy of this if it weren't for that new artwork...would've been much cooler if they had done a die-cut slip cover that included the original artwork or a "reimagining" of it or something instead of just getting rid of it completely.

The Black Parade likes this.
  9. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Their last record was very solid, but didn’t attract any fans. The band is still around because of those first two albums so it makes sense they would push them so hard. It is a bit repetitive since they did 10 year tours for both albums and celebrating them again seems way too soon, but I can’t blame the band for trying to hang on to whatever fanbase they still have. Nostalgia sells and is the only reason most of the bands from that era that are still around haven’t broken up. It sucks, but catering to those fans who only like their most popular albums is a necessary evil.

artbynickferran and mrenkens007 like this.
  10. mrenkens007

All valid and accurate. I'm personally just, I guess, growing weary of it? I do wish their newer material clicked but alas, here we are.

11. BTDandFeelingThis

They do revisit the albums for anniversary tours and what not...

but they also released their last album, Bad Frequencies, to some pretty dang good success for a band of their size.

are pretty much 100% DIY.

consistently put out new albums/working on things.

Have stayed completely engaged with fans during the pandemic, including several livestream shows where they played a lot of deep cuts from later releases/allowed fans to pick any songs from any album for them to play

Are celebrating its 15th by reimagining a classic album.

I’d call that hanging on pretty strong, but as @koryoreo said, using the necessary evil of nostalgia to create revenue. And hey they could have just slapped the album cover on some shirts or repressed the old album for quick cash but they put in the time to re record and reimagine the songs.

12. BTDandFeelingThis

Have you heard their album from 2018? It’s honestly some of their best work.

And yes the screams for this re-recording is being done by their current guitarist, but his screams can do casey justice

All Systems Goku and anonimito like this.
  13. mrenkens007

They are insanely involved as a band with their fanbase. I think my peripheral involvement with them made it seem like the only thing I ever witness them do is refer to their old material. But this is a change of perspective for me. Appreciate that.

14. BTDandFeelingThis

:heart:

Chase Tremaine and anonimito like this.