Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Have Mercy - The Love Life (August 2, 2019) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Gnarly Charlie, May 16, 2019.

1. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

the lyrics make this so bland

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Never been his strong suit

3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Heartbeat's electronic voices in the verses bother me a ton for some reason, but other than that this is cool.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. Agreed, the lyrics really hold this back for me

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

whenever i listen to this band its like theres a brink of potential where I could see them being really great but it just doesnt reach it haha.

josh- and trevorshmevor like this.
  6. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I really really enjoyed the last two albums, not sure how I feel about this one.

7. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

This had me bored after a few songs. Defintely a step down from their previous work.

8. btr

Trusted Supporter

Better than their old stuff but this band has already plateaued. They’ve had their shot but never got over that hump.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Bummed they're not doing a full tour. Didn't like Make The Best of It, thought this one was pretty solid but loved everything prior.

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like that terrible third album killed their momentum. This one is pretty decent but not up to the standards of the first two.

Hope they don’t call it quits but i doubt this is exactly a money spinner. Will always love their debut. A genuine 10/10 for me.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah alognside the whole band leaving and releasing a bad album it really dwindled them down

I saw them with TEN the other night and not a single person cared it was sad. They also didn't play a single song off of A Place Of Our Own which is dumb (especially since Ace does guest vox on a song)

12. btr

Trusted Supporter

Have Mercy is breaking up. Final tour dates with Fredo Disco/Selfish Things/Young Culture date just announced

13. Micah511

Kind of figured that's what they had been hinting at for a while. It's a shame they never matched the quality of TEPB.

14. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

The first album and some of the second holds a special place for me, but this has been long coming really. Sucks I never saw them live though.

Contender likes this.
  16. josh-

Pretty much my thoughts. I remember thinking when A Place dropped that they’d be huge someday. Sad to see them Peter out, but there was a huge dip in quality in the music. I’m sure they’ll be back in 5 years.

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Plus they only came to the UK once I believe and it was supporting fucking Mayday Parade...

18. Micah511

Really feel like jumping to Hopeless and putting out A Place of Our Own only like, a year after TEPB really set this band back.

19. josh-

I think so, and they over toured the states. They’ve played Indy like 6-7 times in the last 4 years. It just kept plateauing.

20. josh-

Has anyone else been to one of the final shows? I saw them in San Diego and Brian was claiming to be very sick so they played 11 songs. Weird behavior though. I looked at sets from the last few stops and noticed they cut the set to 7 songs?! They started off playing 16. Also heard last night in Indy was disastrous. I’m concerned for his well being.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm so late on this band, but I'm listening to The Love Life now and really digging it!
    I'm looking forward to the main dude's solo album. Sounds like my next listen should be The Earth Pushed Back?

23. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yep that's their best. A Place of Our Own is super solid as well. The third album is defintely a step below their other work, but has a few solid songs.