Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Have Mercy - Make The Best of It (April 21st, 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MegT585, Feb 28, 2017.

1. jorbjorb

7 rings

Kinda sucks what they did with this band. The last two albums just seem rushed and not as great as earth pushed back. Would have been better for them if they just released there second album now and cut all the fat.

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I really don't understand the dislike for A Place Of Our Own.

This album is definitely bad though

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

It's bad because there's only like 2 good songs on it. In my opinion anyways. This new one has 0 good songs.

4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This record is going to be so good.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I like the whole record ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The last 3 songs aren't on par with the rest of the record though

KidLightning and jorbjorb like this.
  6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

It's not a bad record by any means. Just nowhere near The Earth Pushed Back

7. Collins

Trusted

I like a handful of songs on A Place Of Our Own a lot. The Place You Love with the Ace Enders feature is a great track, Howl, and Spacecrafts were memorable as well but 2 of the better songs off that record, Pete Rose and Pawn Takes Rook, had already been previously released on a split. And that to me takes a bit away from the record.

I haven't listened to this yet because the singles were so bland to me. I'll eventually get around to it but this band definitely lost whatever spark they had on their first full length.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this album is decent. first half is pretty good. loses steam after that but its certainly more memorable than apooo

lol that acronym

9. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Think I listened to this twice and that's it. Major bummer because I still love TEPB - very few of these new wave 'emo' albums or whatever you want to call them have hit me as hard as that one - and enjoy the majority of Place.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

that seems to be the majority opinion. shame that this band fell off the way they did. level head still jams like no other

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  11. Elder Lightning Jul 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2017)
    Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I like APOOO the best. This one has some enjoyable songs while I'm listening to it, but little that makes me want to come back to it. So much of it just feels "overwrought".

Ryan Gardner likes this.
  12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I wanted to give this a fair shot today, but there are just so many things going on that I don't like. the production makes everything sound so muddled, and Brian's delivery with his more rough vocals sounds so forced compared to TEPB. That said, Ghost and American Bliss are pretty good songs on an otherwise totally forgettable record.

teebs41 and JaytotheGee like this.
  13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Kind of funny I was the last one to talk about this band. This song makes me a little more hopeful than I was in the previous post, haha.

disambigujason likes this.
  14. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Really enjoying this. The instrumental is super interesting and unlike anything from them. Brian’s vocals sound super relaxed at times and sound great. I think this one might sound cheesy or lazy with the “better/weather” “guess/chest” rhyming in the chorus, but I like it. Almost seems playful? Not really the word I’m looking for but that’s the best I can describe it.
    Excited for the rest of this record.

teebs41 likes this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I actually really like this song. Better than anything from the last album.

teebs41 and pauljgreco like this.