Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Have Mercy - Make The Best of It (April 21st, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MegT585, Feb 28, 2017.

1. MegT585

Trusted

"Reaper" is so bad. I couldn't get through the album anymore after that.

MFA and KidLightning like this.
  2. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I got bored after the first two tracks and decided to skip through to Reaper to see what the hubbub was about

never again, song is so goddamn awful

KidLightning likes this.
  3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I had this album going in the background during my evening routine and I caught myself stopping to listen more closely more often than I expected to. I was pleasantly surprised with it, I dig it.

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

So what you're all saying is I won't like this at all if I was completely indifferent to the first two. Got it

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

It is you, who knows???

SpyKi and Contender like this.
  6. danielalee12

Regular

the last track is nice :)

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I listened to this on the way to work this morning and came to this conclusion.

This is in no way bad music or even bad writing... it just goes to places that you would fully expect it to go. My other issue is that the vocals almost sound too tried at times like they are pushing to be too big but the production doesn't work so it doesn't allow the vocals to sound as large as they go for at times. Idk I really wanted to
    Like this as I love the first record and the second one was okay... but just not sure I understand what this is going for at times.

Final note- reaper wasn't as bad as I was expecting based on people's reactions in the thread.. still not a good song thoz

8. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

On first listen I'm enjoying the album but I agree that it's a bit one dimensional as others have said.

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah this is pretty bland. It's fine but I doubt I'll listen again

10. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I think part of the problem is they've written the same song like 22 times now over the last two records, at least TEPB had a bit more variety (and better use of dynamics). I mean, this is an okay record and I've listened to it 3 times already, but it's certainly not anything that's going to help them regain the momentum they had after their first record.

I do like the guitars on this, though.

js977 and teebs41 like this.
  11. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

The instrumentation on this is about as cookie cutter as it gets. It's not a bad album, but it is pretty standard.

The lyrics on Reaper are unbelievably bad.

They remind me of something you come up with drunk and angry.

Never use those! Haha

truelovewaits likes this.
  12. Kmil

Trusted

The more I listen to it the more I enjoy it, but it will never be elevated beyond something that's just okay to me. They need more dynamic songs, they all pretty much follow the same structure.

teebs41 likes this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Going to give this another full listen.. idk why I'm trying so hard to like this.. I think I'm just bored ha

14. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I really liked this album, it's probably a top 20 album for me this year.

Reaper is a weird song. He's bragging about killing some girls boyfriend? Weird lyrics.

15. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Haven't really listened to this since right around release. I'll have to put it on again and see how I feel about it.

But, yeah, from what I remember, "Reaper" was not good. I'll give it another listen, but if it's as bad as I remember I may just remove it from my library.

truelovewaits likes this.
  16. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'm due for a second listen, as well.

17. devenstonow

Noobie

Yeah, I don't think this album's bad, it's just nothing spectacular and nothing is really drawing me back into it, unfortunately

18. congruence

Got a light?

When I first heard this I hated it, then slowly the majority of the songs caught on and became pretty enjoyable to sing along to. Reaper is terrible for sure though, but I think Ghost is up there with their best songs

19. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

The Earth Pushed Back still hits me as hard as it did when it came out, but unfortunately this one hasn't done much for me - at all.

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I still revisit Smoke and lace, ghost, and disagree still get regular play from me. There was a handful of other good ones too. I was pleasantly surprised by his album. Except reaper.

21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Totally forgot this came out. I still haven't even listened to it yet. Oops

22. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

What's your avatar?

23. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

The upcoming captain we're sinking album. If yr interested, here's the lead single:

truelovewaits and KidLightning like this.
  24. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Oh no, I've already heard it. Thank you, I knew I recognised the cover from somewhere. Highly anticipated.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  25. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Gave this another listen yesterday. Mostly enjoyed it while listening (except "Reaper") but it's largely unmemorable and there's nothing that really makes me want to come back to it.

I still like A Place Of Our Own the best from their discography.