Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Have Mercy - Make The Best of It (April 21st, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MegT585, Feb 28, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Couldn't get past the third track. I'm hoping I'm just not in the mood for this right now

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

the opening track is decent. very meh on everything else.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

yuck

4. danielalee12

Regular

There's some hear that I throughly enjoy. Others are a little too bland

5. Wow, you guys are harsh. This is way better than the last record, if still not nearly as good as the debut.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Very boring. Last two songs and the first single are good but yeah... This band is on its way to a break up sadly.

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I guess I should listen to this, but none of the singles grabbed me in any way.

8. How do you break up a band that is just one dude?

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They sound better in context. Although I listened to the third single the other day and I don't even remember hearing it when I listened to the album now so that one isn't that good lol

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

True

11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I thought the last album was a disappointment but it was way better than this.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

If The Earth Pushed Back was a 9 for me, and A Place of Our Own is a 7, this is a 5, at best.

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'd say maybe an 8, a 6 and a 4.

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

6, 4, 2.

Earth pushed back was inoffensive with two good songs. Last one was below average. This is bad.

15. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

this will be an album i like for about a week then completely forget about, which is a shame because I like what this band has done quite a bit. I think Brians a pretty good songwriter and I like his vocals, but theyve always had the issue of their songs just kinda sounding the same. idk maybe this will grow on me maybe ill forget about it in a few days.

ECV and Contender like this.
  16. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Still amazed how much hate A Place Of Our Own gets. I love that album as much, if not more than The earth Pushed Back.
    I only enjoyed Coexist from the singles of this album, so I'm interested to see what I think of it as a whole. Hopefully it's all better in context, but I'm afraid I might be super disappointed by this one.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think I like A Place Of Our Own more as well

pauljgreco and Contender like this.
  18. danielalee12

Regular

I like this better than the last.. I barely remember the last. I only remember spacecrafts

19. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This is good, but I doubt I'll listen to it often like I did with their other two and the EP

20. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Don't think this is bad but it isn't exciting at all.
    Like I feel like how every song is going to play out and I'm on first listen :(

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I just feel like it's very one note. I really like Drive, Coexist and Baby Grand, it's a nice three track run.

Baby Grand is easily my favourite track.

22. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

About halfway through my first listen. Enjoyed the first 5 tracks, but "Reaper" is horrendous.

I'm also strange in that I think A Place of Our Own is far better than The Earth Pushed Back (but I also heard APOOO first).

pauljgreco likes this.
  23. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Man, TEPB was really good, then the two songs they did on the split with Daisyhead were tight, then they signed to hopeless and rushed out A Place of Our Own (it seemed), and just never recovered. i think they can do the slick, rock sound well (Pawn Takes Rook, Pete Rose and Babe Ruth, The Place You Love) but the album as a whole was underwhelming.

i listened through the first couple songs in this (all I've had time for so far) and it sounds like one person wrote it. also sounds musically like The Dangerous Summer sometimes, which I guess isn't a bad thing. Shame it seems like TEPB was the peak.

js977 likes this.
  24. Yeah I agree with this entirely. The Earth Pushed Back was great, the last album felt like b-sides to TEPB, and this feels like the b-sides to that album. If there's another record, I really hope Brian changes things up a lot and takes some risks.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  25. Collins

Trusted

I wasn't into the singles off this, but I'll give the whole thing a listen. was a big fan of TEPB, but only a few tracks off of the second one stuck with me. The Place You Love was a great track though.