Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Have Mercy - Make The Best of It (April 21st, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MegT585, Feb 28, 2017.

1. MegT585

Trusted

teebs41 likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

letting everyone make their own decisions here, but some of these dudes are bad people and i know specifically one of them was making jokes about someone's pronouns

and now i am out of this thread

3. devenstonow

Noobie

i wish this band didn't have such shitty merch designs.

the shirt i have from them is okay, but I hate the "logo on one breast, design on back" trend in merch

tumbleweedterror likes this.
  4. MegT585

Trusted

Well this makes me sad. I have been a longtime fan of this band. But as a lesbian and someone who has a majority of trans friends- I may have to rethink this.

5. cwhit

yeah, i don't want to be too specific here to defend the people i know involved...but yeah, living in the city they're from, i know some personal connections there...and i've heard no good things

6. Enjoyed that single quite a bit

MegT585 likes this.
  7. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I went from obsessed with them when I heard Earth Pushed Back to being just a fan during A Place of Our Own era. Hoping this doesn't push me even further away. I don't like this song nearly as much as anything on The Earth Pushed Back

8. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

This song is alright.

For some reason, I've always thought of Have Mercy as an in-between of Manchester Orchestra and Microwave in terms of sound.

KidLightning and teebs41 like this.
  9. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

And both of those bands are better than this band

teebs41 and smowashere like this.
  10. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Oh, totally agree. Just an observation.

11. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Welp won't be listening to this then. Kinda bummed they have a thread now tbh.

12. MegT585

Trusted

I can delete it? I didn't know about those comments

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I say don't delete the thread, if only because I personally don't really care about their personal lives/opinions (to a degree of course, but I won't not listen based off rumours of some tasteless remarks). If you do that's fine but other people will still want to discuss this band and the music.

devenstonow and FTank like this.
  14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Anyway, as for the song, it's okay. I sort of think they will never eclipse The Earth Pushed Back, which is an amazing record, although I struggle to listen to it now because of how emotional it is and how tied into memories it is for me.

15. Collins

Trusted

really soured on these guys after seeing that have mercy/transit/somos/microwave bill. microwave and somos sounded great and then transit and have mercy proceeded to play back to back sets, both bands seeming hammered, it was a pretty sloppy performance, and decided to walk out towards the end of have mercy. left a bad taste in my mouth since

16. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Boring as fuck. Sounds like it would've been straight off the last album and that's not a good thing
    And if these guys do contain some shit people then I am more than happy removing them from my listening

17. Kmil

Trusted

Actually like this song, I think it's better then most of their last album. I'm excited to see what the rest sounds like.

EDIT: Why delete the thread? Because someone on this forum knows someone that said that a few of them said something tasteless? How do we know what's true or isn't especially when it's getting passed around through multiple parties? Not saying they aren't shitty people, they very well may be, but without knowing 100 percent why pass judgement like we're certain?

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It's ridiculous to suggest deleting the thread. That's completely counter to the idea of people drawing their own lines and respecting others'. There should be a place to talk about the music for people who want to listen and discuss.

Transient_Hymn and KidLightning like this.
  19. Collins

Trusted

yeah that rumor is a damn shame, would like to hear more on that if somebody knows. there's a lot of shitty bands with really shitty dudes that get posted in the tour forum so if this one gets deleted all those gotta go then too

20. cwhit

i mean, the rumor is that someone i know who has a personal connection with them told me that. not going into details to protect that person in case they see this post

21. Collins

Trusted

perfectly understandable

22. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Love the song. Can't wait for the record.

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

And that's completely fair and if true then obviously it's shitty, but I think it's also understandable to not be entirely convinced by an anonymous "someone I like said..." comment on a forum aha.

pauljgreco likes this.
  24. devenstonow

Noobie

TIL earth pushed back came out before a place of our own. Google Play lists them in the opposite order; this has made me confused in these threads lol

teebs41 and pauljgreco like this.
  25. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

They just released a video for Good Christian Man. I have to ask, what happened to this band? Looks like Brian is the only one left in the band from the video and reading Wikipedia?

smowashere likes this.