Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Harvey Weinstein Fired After NYT Report of Sexual Harassment

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Famous movie producer Harvey Weinsten has been fired by the studio he founded, The Weinstein Company, in the wake of a New York Times investigation uncovering decades of misconduct:

An investigation by The New York Times found previously undisclosed allegations against Mr. Weinstein stretching over nearly three decades, documented through interviews with current and former employees and film industry workers, as well as legal records, emails and internal documents from the businesses he has run, Miramax and the Weinstein Company.

People knew about this for years and it took until now for something to finally happen.

2. Dang. That's so sad...and utterly ridiculous that so much evidence has been kept secret for so long!

I'd never heard of these allegations before, but I've been hearing for years that Weinstein was corrupt. Back in 2011, I heard rumors from within the industry that The King's Speech beat The Social Network for Best Picture and Director because Weinstein had bought off a bunch of voters.

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It really speaks for itself when so many actors/actresses play like they are a fighter for women’s rights on social media but then they remain hush over stuff like this.

Money over morals.

Raku and skogsraet like this.
  4. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Yup, and this theme repeats itself across industries. People will say they care about equality but when their bank account or career is on the line, they’re content to look past anything. This is how sexism is perpetuated— through selfishness.

FreshnessExpired likes this.
  5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Kevin Smith has said before he's been sitting on a Harvey Weinstein story that he can only tell after Harvey dies. Hmm...

6. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

always knew he was a piece of shit... better late than never, i guess.

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Apparently James Gunn started hearing rumors about Harvey in the year 2000.

8. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

And it only took 3 decades to oust the bastard. Truly depressing.

Honeymagnolia likes this.