Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Harry Styles - Harry Styles (May 12, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 13, 2017.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I guess a better way for me to describe my feelings towards it is that even the best 1D songs still felt VERY polished and contributed to by a bunch of people like most modern pop music is... they could be very good songs, but still felt like "committee" songs rather than a singular vision. Even though I could fault "Sign of the Times" for being a bit too drawn-out and bombastic, and therefore less "tight" than the best 1D songs, I still like it more because it feels more passionate and personal to me. That's just me though.

2. beachdude

I'm enjoying "Sweet Creature" btw, reminiscent melodically of some Paul McCartney/Beatles acoustic tracks, which I think is probably what they were going for. Probably my least favorite of the three tracks so far, but it's a very pretty song.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Idk it doesn't really feel any more personal to me aside from his voice. I do think he got to experiment with it more which is cool. Otherwise it's a good song that kinda goes nowhere and has the same vague and vapid lyrics they always had. Haven't heard the new one yet tho

4. beachdude

Yeah lyrically it's definitely nothing special... I mostly just like the melodies/compositions on his new songs more I guess, and like you said his vocals.

Kiana likes this.
  5. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Same thought I had!

Daniel182 likes this.
  6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

What happened to the ridic helicopter video we were supposed to get. Leaving us hanging (lol)

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Daniel182 like this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

this was so extra hahahaha

9. beachdude

That video lmao

10. beachdude

This song is jamming tbh

Contender likes this.
  11. polyfilla

who can never be sure

i cant believe he played stockholm syndrome this morning and cured me of all my ailments

Aregala likes this.
  12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Great tune! Can't wait to hear the full album on Friday.

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

one of the tweets on screen was "Harry's laugh is like the eight wonder of the world" and that made me laugh a little.

Contender, beachdude42 and polyfilla like this.
  14. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

SO fucking dope

15. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

First thing new song made me think of was this:

16. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

lol but for real I'm glad that there seems to be more stuff in a fun 'rock' direction and not all just soft boy acoustic guitar *hears blackbird once* jams

17. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

beachdude42 and Contender like this.
  18. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

Who's going to sell more Harry or Paramore?

19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

harry by a decent amount imo

20. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

harry for sure sadly, cuz he's got those wild 1D stans

21. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

Yeah, I agree.

22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i was thinking 130k for harry but i now feel like i'm underestimating a bit? 160k to 85k

23. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

Harry might go over 200k, Paramore MAYBE 100k. Might be overestimating though haha.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

both definitely have stans that will encourage people to buy on ITunes, I always forget there are still people who don't just do Spotify

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

If we all just buy the album 3 times and leave our spotifys streaming all night, then we can get it to #1