Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Harry Potter (Wizarding World Universe) Book • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Kyle Max, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Saw Cursed Child last night in London and absolutely loved it. No clue how I'd feel about the story reading the book/script form that's coming out but the theater version is simply amazing especially the costumes and effects used. There was a person listed in the program as in charge of "magic & illusions" and they absolutely aced it, I'm still replaying in my head a moment that occurred less than a minute in to the show that I have no clue how they did it.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Glad to hear it was good. No idea when I'm going to be able to see it as it seems like it's sold a lot of tickets...

3. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

My wife and I are going to London over Christmas time, and I'm already praying we can get lucky in one of the Cursed Child lotteries.

4. chris

Trusted Supporter

just started the 2nd book on my re-read, making it like the first time I've read some of these since like middle school

5. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

After some research in the hopes of seeing it again while I'm still in London for the next few weeks it seems like the best options for tickets are every Friday they have an online sale of random tickets for the following week or actually going to the theater and camping out/waiting in the returns line in the hopes that someone doesn't show up or returns their tickets for that evening. While leaving the theater a couple in front of me said that's what they'd done and they'd been there since 8am and were successful.

There's also the option to spend ridiculous money on the secondary market if that's your thing.

6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

116 pages into Cursed Child. This is bananas.

Joe4th likes this.
  7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I just finished act one, and I'm really enjoying this. I truly hope she writes an actual novel, because I do miss a lot of the smaller details.

8. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

What does bananas mean in this context? Do you think this addition to the HP canon is justified?

9. Greg

Just finished. The book is bananas. Which simply means it takes some turns that I just wasn't expecting.

I think I really liked it. But the format is so different. The speed of which they progressed to the 4th school year is very jarring in a Harry Potter context. Once they settle in to a present day the book got incredibly more intriguing.

Being vague as to not spoil anything.

exanctile and Joe4th like this.
  10. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

I agree with this. I really enjoyed it for the most part. I'd kill for a full novel version.

Joe4th likes this.
  11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Pottermore released their patronus quiz today. I got a white stallion.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. I got a Black Swan.

13. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Tonkinese cat.

I re-read these over the last year and they are miracles. I think Order of the Phoenix is my favorite now, a Shakespearian level tragedy with an absolutely heartwarming and beautiful ending amidst maybe the most bleak book.

14. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

White mare, what's up?

15. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Mountain Hare

16. Mongrel Dog (so cute!!!)

17. Jams

Trusted

Fox! Super cool!

18. Manx cat.

19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

do we talk about the movies in here, too?
    one of the theaters here is doing a marathon of all the movies for October.

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Gryffindor
    Phoenix Core Spruce
    Goshawk
    Wampus

21. Greg

Sure, why not?

I don't think the marathon is coming near me. I would love to see Azkaban in theaters again.

22. Azakaban is probably my favorite one. I need to do a series re-watch.

23. Greg

I did one a few weeks ago now. I finally bought the collection on bluray, so I wouldn't have to hunt down all 8 movies haha

I watched them all and then watched Azkaban again.

Joe and coleslawed like this.
  24. Kuri44

I did a marathon a few weeks ago, the first 4 are my favorite, especially 3 and 4.. just started re-reading the books as well, on Chamber of Secrets.. Haven't read The Cursed Child. How is it?

25. Greg

It's pretty good. It's incredibly different being written as a play. Once it settles into a present time it just keeps hitting. It incorporates some of my favorite stuff from the originals, so I really liked it.

Kuri44 likes this.