Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Harry Potter (Wizarding World Universe) Book • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Kyle Max, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Anyone else been listening to the Binge Mode podcast? They're doing a full run through of the books/movies and some other stuff as well. Did an episode about real life Quidditch and interviewed some lady that helped get Quidditch up and running in the US.

2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Me! It’s been fantastic so far. Really liked that interview with the real life quidditch founder.

Dave Diddy likes this.
  3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

No. I do listen to The Real Weird Sisters though.

4. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I just got through the episodes about the first book. It's great. It makes me want to go back and read the books again. The Game of Thrones podcasts they did are really good as well.

5. morgantayler Jul 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 22, 2018)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I've been loving the Binge Mode podcast. I wish I wasn't in school so I could reread the books along with it but I've been watching the movies to compromise.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. For Amazon Prime day a few days ago, I got the entire HP dvd box set for $20. Woop woop!

SmithBerryCrunch and coleslawed like this.
  7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I've been doing the same. bummed about this two-week break we're on now.

8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Lol shoutout to @Thomas Nassiff for getting his question answered on the latest binge mode. Heard that name and did a double take, had to make sure I was listening to the right pod

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Haha I heard the name on it and was wondering if that was the same Thomas nassiff

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  10. Dodger Jul 31, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 31, 2018)
    Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

So cinemark is doing a marathon for their Cinemark XD thing. 7 days. all 9 movies. 25$.

I think I speak for everyone when I say
    [​IMG]

11. Greg

$25 for all 9? Holy shit!

12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Can someone explain to me why I’m Deathly Hallows Pt II when the goblin that works at Gringotts asks to see Bellatrix’s wand, why Harmione just doesn’t give it to him since they already had it.

13. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

My assumption is that, as the story establishes, wands can change allegiance. Goblins are known to have very powerful magic, so I wouldn't be surprised if a goblin had the magical capabilities to know that a wand has switched allegiances, and therefore alerting the goblin that something may be up with the wand.

It could also just be Hermoine trying to stay in character, and Bellatrix would not give up her wand easily, especially to a creature she sees as being beneath her.

14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Interesting. I haven’t read past the third book, so I wasn’t sure if there was a real answer or not. Thanks for the reply.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s Stone happened to be on TV this evening in the UK so we ended up watching it... how is this film 17 years old?! 2001...! I’m getting old.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. Dodger

So beginning of the month I say the series (Minus Goblet) on Cinemark XD (best format around for me). I saw Goblet earlier in the month. Incredible experience finally seeing them in the theater.Watching the Deathly Hallows both parts in one day specifically was my favorite movie watching experience ever. I was just alone in my row and it hit me hard. Didnt see it coming. I wasnt like sobbing but I was crying the entire movie consistently throughout the movie lol Score is incredible. I consider TDH in my top 5 of all time.

Some lost some of the magic for me. Chamber of secrets, Half Blood Prince, and surprisingly Azkaban which used to be close to the top. I still love all three but they seemed more rooted in the mystery and knowing the mystery kind of dampened my enjoyment and they felt kind of hollow, especially HBP. Im sure Ill enjoy them more once I finally get to the books and can get the depth I was missing.

Not ranking based on how good I think they are, just solely on how they made me feel.
    Deathly 2
    Deathly 1
    Phoenix
    Sorcerers Stone
    Goblet
    Azkaban
    Half Blood Prince
    Chamber of Secrets

coleslawed and figureitout like this.
  17. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

18. DerekIsAGooner

So... that Fantastic Beasts trailer really dropped a bomb, huh?

I'm not sure how I feel about how much the Beasts films are re-writing Harry Potter history. I'm one of the few people who truly enjoyed "Cursed Child," despite some obvious flaws (I'm looking at you, trolley lady on the Hogwarts Express). Part of me is frustrated that we're getting unnecessary backstory about essential wizarding world events/characters and that it'll all go the way of the Star Wars prequels. On the other hand, I will always be excited to read/see anything new related to Harry Potter.

smowashere likes this.
  19. Greg

The Nagini thing is weird. Some people are really mad about it since we know what “it” becomes later.

20. DerekIsAGooner

I'm not mad about it since it doesn't necessarily undo anything from the HP cannon, but it's also not really necessary to include in the new films.

21. Greg

I wasn’t mad, personally. But a certain group of people are upset at what will become of it.
    Trying not to spoil anything and too lazy to type it all out haha

22. DerekIsAGooner

I totally get what you meant, haha.

I personally think that if something has been mentioned in a review then we should be able to discuss it, but I know that there are people out there who are louder and think differently than I do, so I'll keep the spoiler talk to vague references.

Honestly, at this point Rowling is never going to make every Harry Potter fan happy. I just want the films to be good and the stories to make sense.

23. Greg

I’d prefer movies set well after Harry’s time. Prequels are just never as satisfying to me as a good sequel. I want to see where a character went, not how they got there after knowing the destination.

There are exceptions of course, but that’s my general mindset in prequels.

24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

people had been speculating about that reveal since the first trailer, i’m mostly just surprised it was revealed in a trailer.

25. Dodger

Hey book readers, it looks like there’s a lot of box sets with many different covers and shit. What do I get? Does it matter? Also not sure if I want hard cover or paperback. I’m not a regular book reader and don’t know if there’s a general preference.