Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Harry Potter (Wizarding World Universe) Book • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Kyle Max, Apr 26, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished the Order of the Phoenix audio book. The last few chapters are sad :(

2. Liz

Ew, David

I hated Cursed Child--to me it read as bad fan fiction written by someone who clearly only watched the movies and didn't read the books

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I saw Azkaban and GoF in IMAX yesterday. It was super fun! There were 6 people total in Azkaban and 3 for GoF. So it was basically a private screening for me.

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Almost done with my listen-through of all the audiobooks. Just about to get The Battle of Hogwarts in the last book.

6. I watched the first two movies for the first time this weekend. Go me!

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I read all the books this summer for the first time since reading them as they came out. I'm not sure why. Harry Potter is something I've never really been able to get too invested in. I watched the first few movies a lot as a kid, but around the time of Goblet of Fire, I stopped following those. I've tried to watch the series all the way through a few times, but always fall out somewhere around Half Blood Prince. I thought rereading the books might inspire me to watch the movies, but it didn't do much for me honestly. I'm just not sure that I'm a fantasy guy, and the characters weren't strong enough to get me into it regardless. Still, my nephew got me The Cursed Child for Christmas, so I'll be checking that out over the next day or two. Damn, after all this, I wish I liked the series more

8. Greg

I think so many of the characters are so insanely well done. It's a bummer it doesn't click with you. Reading the books is stepping into a different world for me. It's brilliant.

Garrett L., Davjs, coleslawed and 2 others like this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Only gets better from there!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

That's awesome, man. I really wish I could say the same because the amount of imagination put into those books is astounding and it honestly bums me out that I'm not more into it. The Weasley Twins were rad, though

Funny enough, my dad just gave me the Unoffocial Harry Potter Cookbook for my birthday. Any food items in the books that have stuck out to you as something to try? The dinner scenes were always fun to read. Treacle Tarts? Yes please

11. Greg

I have not read the cook book, so no clue. While not food, I highly recommend butter beer.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

LUNA!

Garrett L. and coleslawed like this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Two New Harry Potter Books Are Coming

Harry Potter: A History of Magic, a coffee table book, will feature original drafts of Potter books by author J. K. Rowling of the books and essays on the various parts of the exhibition by writers such as Major Tim Peake, Lucy Mangan, Steve Backshall and Anna Pavord. The other, Harry Potter - A Journey Through A History of Magic, is aimed at family audiences and will examine the history of magic taught at Hogwarts, alongside selected items from the exhibit.

14. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [​IMG]

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

16. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

All 8 movies on HBOGo. I guess I'm not leaving the house tomorrow.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Didn't know this thread existed, sad to see how little activity there is.

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I'm actually rereading the books at the moment. First time for 8 years I think, which is crazy.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. Jams

Trusted

I just reread the books for the millionth time and you would think after reading them so many times and knowing what’s coming I wouldn’t cry like a baby but lol nope. From order of the Phoenix on I was a wreck lol Also reconfirmed these are forever my favorite books. They just mean the world to me and I owe my love of reading to them.

coleslawed, Mary V, Dodger and 2 others like this.
  20. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

God I really need to read these books. I’m ashamed I haven’t for how much I love the films. I actually watched the films every year and stopped in 2015 so I could start more fresh when i read them and still haven’t. Its just overwhelming and want to read so many other things as well.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I just read them for the first time this past year, I'm 31 and loved every second. I got into the movies way later as well, you know because I was too cool to see them when they came out.

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I've read through the books once but last summer I listened through all the audio books which I highly recommend.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  23. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I wish I could read them for the first ever time again. I know them and the films so well that you know what's coming. I miss the magic of a first read. Although you do see Rowling's genius more and more as you reread.

Kellan, Colby Searcy and Jams like this.
  24. Jams

Trusted

I can't even count how many times I've read the books lol I discovered the series the year The Goblet of Fire came out. I got the first 3 from the library and couldn't put them down. I was sooooo pissed bc I was waiting to get Goblet from the library but obviously it was a big wait list. I was in elementary school, got on the bus in the morning and my friend had just read it and TOLD ME THE ENDING. So naturally when Order of the Phoenix came out I made damn sure I got it before her, locked myself in my room, read all day and night, called her the next morning and told her the ending. She was so pissed and I remember yelling PAYBACK!!! and hanging up the phone :crylaugh: I was such an ass.

Colby Searcy and bradsonemanband like this.
  25. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Hahahahaha Jesus yes you were. We’re you guys still friends after that?

Colby Searcy likes this.